Eddie Murphy, my driver . . .

by compound complex 9 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings:

I really do have to get to work, but I needed to tell you that I had an early-morning appointment, which I was late for. I woke up past my due time. Without really thinking through my dire straits, I hired Eddie Murphy to drive me there. My DELL had caught on fire, so I was unable to message my client. My driver got us lost in some roadless tract of farmland. A women zoomed by in a Red Ryder and tipped it. I wished her well and took the wagon. My left knee lay inside; then, with my right foot, I pushed off and shredded, shredded the pavement (or was it tilled earth?) . . .

I finally woke up from my dream and looked at the clock. I had plenty of time to get ready for my appointment. I sent a message to my client on my fully functioning DELL.

Not all dreams are JW-related. Someday, I'll meet Eddie Murphy and ask him to get GPS. He really had me stressed out.

• Tara N Seals
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Good one. Thanks for sharing.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Tara N Seals and scratchme1010!

And you're welcome. It's nice to be read.

• humbled
    humbled

Yep—l hear you Coco On being read. But that can make you blue😳too!

Fun story

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, humbled!

You're correct. I'm reading a biography on John Steinbeck. His life was turned upside down when he got read (after many, many rejection slips from pubs).

Dunno if he was blue or just bewildered. He was said to run from fans.

• humbled
    humbled

That about Steinbeck -whether he was blue or just bewildered by his fame-reminds me of an interview with the old frontiersman Daniel Boone near the end of his life.

He lived long and traversed woodland and prairies from Pennsylvania (?) to Missouri. Unmapped territory,he was often alone. So he was asked by an admirer “Did it ever happen that you got lost!” Some thought and he answered “Never got lost. But onced l was bewildered for about two weeks...”

l appreciated that story so much when l read it. That perspective has kept me from being downhearted about life many many times.

• compound complex
    compound complex

And one thought leads to another, humbled . . .

Charles Swindoll said that what happens to us is 10% and how we react is 90%. Our attitude is everything.

Thanks again!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

It was the winter of our discontent we couldn't even pay the rent

everything we had was spent we felt our lives would soon ferment

we knew we had to circumvent and revel in our discontent

• compound complex
    compound complex

You should publish, Nancy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest