1936 "Riches"- How Many Versions Were There?

by Atlantis 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Atlantis:

How many versions of the book called Riches were there?

That was a project Jerome was working on, so we will give him credit for this information.

There were 3 versions of the 1936 book called Riches. The version with the Nun, the version without the Nun, and the version with the phonograph. The Watchtower Society instructed JW's to cut the page out of the book, which contained the picture of the Nun.

Scroll down here and look under: Nun or none

Yes, we have all 3 versions.

Atlantis!
  • Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

My copy has the phonograph. However. while it is marked as page 355, the picture appears between pages 348 and 351, with text on pages 355 and 356.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Ultimate Axiom:

Yes, you are right concerning the version with the phonograph. There were also different colors of the book. The version with an orange color and a version which had more red in the cover.

Atlantis!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Fascinating!

Sometimes changes were made due to refinements of belief, other times proof reading glitches or copyright issues played a part. Sometimes what was produced caused questions to be raised.

It’s a wonder they didn’t change the picture with apparent sodomy in it. Or did they?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

slimboyfat:

Good question! I need to check on that.

Atlantis!

• wozza
    wozza

I have a copy too the same as Ultimate Axiom and it has an orange cover ,and the picture with the Phonograph in the position of page 349.

The back of this page is blank and the picture has an orange background colour

• wozza
    wozza

Also had to chuckle at the picture on page 157 in the garden of Eden

The whitest of white Adam and Eve and satan in the rear with cloven hoofed feet ,raised bat wings looking exactly like a vampire !

• Biahi
    Biahi

I snagged my mom’s copy last time I visited her. 🤭

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I’ve got two copies, unfortunately both just the boring phonograph editions

• LostintheFog1999
    LostintheFog1999

Yes, same here. My copy has the phonograph on Page 349 as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit