Received letter from wtbs re Vicki Boer

by Gadget 77 Replies latest jw friends

• qwerty
    qwerty

Go go, go Gadget go!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    our sympathy for victims and our desire to protect children from such heinous acts has been a matter of public record for many years.

Covering their ass again.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Sounds like they called in Paul Gillies to polish it up.

Englishman.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Gadget:

Thanks for letting us know about the letter! Please scan it if you can!

Expatbrit

• mouthy
    mouthy

Is any one else,s blood boiling on reading their reply.????.You gotta admit. They are smooth ( has to be the mind of an evil influence to direct all their dealings )

• Jourles
    Jourles

Just as an fyi, I read the end of the original court decision and noticed this phrase:

L. JUDGEMENT AND COSTS

[198] In the result there will be judgment in favor of the plaintiff in the amount of $5,000.00 as against the defendant Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Canada plus interest thereon at the Courts of Justice Act rate from August 28, 1998. The action is dismissed as against the other defendants. If the parties cannot agree on costs I can be spoken to.

In Gadget's letter, the WTS is taking the stance that Canadian Law was the ONLY basis in assessing court costs towards Vicki. If the WTS would have only agreed with Vicki to eat their own court costs, which with unpaid volunteer labor amounts to peanuts, Vicki would only be obliged to pay her own attorney's fees. I sure would like to know what was said between the plantiff and defense attorneys regarding court costs. I can only assume that the WTS said, "Screw you, we want to be reimbursed for our time that could have been better spent out in the ministry."

The asking for court costs to be paid by Vicki can only be a threat/deterrent for future lawsuits. It clearly does send a message to anyone thinking about stepping up and suing the WTS over child abuse. They honestly do not care about the victims, only their pocketbook.

• waiting
    waiting

1. Blame the victim (she didn't agree to be gagged...we offered).

2. Blame the Court for $140,000 to be paid to the WTBTS. (after we petitioned)

3. Take no blame for themselves - the WT was responding to the victim.

4. Offer no information about the WT dirty acts.

5. Demand money from the victim.

6. Try to destroy the victim.

7. Send a message to all other victims & lawyers....we will try to destroy you.

8. Hide behind the Cloak of Jah to cover their sins of greed.

Business as Usual for the WTBTS Corporation.

Gadget! Please make sure other lawyers & appropriate people get a copy/scan of this letter! Please!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Quick reply gadget

Of course their words are correct

Even if, regrettably, on isolated occasions allegations of child molestation might not have been handled with appropriate sensitivity and understanding, our unequivocal abhorrence of child abuse, our sympathy for victims and our desire to protect children from such heinous acts has been a matter of public record for many years.

This has become a matter of public record especially of late with several TV programs and newspaper articles which have showed them to be the Wild beast when it comes to handling matters involving child abuse allegations. How quick they are to pronounce judgement against catholics and the child abuse which was made public in their churches continually mentioning it at conventions, meeting and in the WT. Instead of excusing any of the abuse allegations against the catholic shurch they show it to be an outward sign of false religion and Jehovah's rejection.

Gadget quote them the scripture where Jesus said if anyone stumbles one of these children it would have been better if a millstone had been tied around his neck and then thrown into the sea.....I know a couple of good knots that should hold...maybe we can hog tie them

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    The media reports appear to show that her failure to accept an out of court settlement meant that under Canadian law the Court was obliged to award costs against her.

Typical WTS writing. I always smell a rat when I read the word "appear".

Also, which media report are they referring to?
    As has already been highlighted, they pursued costs, but was there really a media report that stated that "Canadian law the Court was obliged to award costs against her" due to "her failure to accept an out of court settlement"???

• caspian
    caspian

Deleted by Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit