newbie from Canada

by invictus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• invictus
    invictus

hello to all. First I would like to thank you all for your courage to tell the truth about " the truth" and watchtower, and by helping ones like my family get so much information about witnesses.

Just a quick introduction: we came to Canada from Yugoslavia 12 years ago and two years after we were baptized as a jws. Because of that , our relatives in Canada shunned us for betraying ortodox faith . Now 10 years later we are shunned by our jw "friends" even thou we are not disfellowshiped nor did we disassociated ourselves.After reading information on this board about UN, paedophilia and inhumane treatment of many who just did not agree with some practices, we just couldn`t go to meetings anymore. That ,and some questions we started to ask our friends resulted in their shunning.

But that doesn`t upset us to much - it is their choice and their loss.We are hoping to meet some new and I hope real friends that will not judge us like jws. Actually we already started - today we had privilege to spend some wonderful time with one of the posters very familiar to you all - she posts under name Mouthy( dear Grace we love you very much and thank you) and she inspired me to post today.

Again thank you all for your life stories, information, your research and courage to speak up. I probably will not post much because I am really new to all this internet thing and my English may not be good enough so forgive me for that .

Take care.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/60067/1.ashx

You already have a thread Invictus - click the above.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Welcome to the board! Your English is fine!

The JW message seems to hit its mark with immigrants a lot. I imagine the stressful change of leaving one's homeland makes a person more susceptible to JW disease.

• invictus
    invictus

pettygrudger,

sorry about that , it is my first time on any kind of board.hope I will improve, please be patient with me.

Dan the man,

thank you. It`s so true that jws have a great success with immigrants, specially from communist countries where religion and bible reading in general was discouraged. so in part it is a stress with adapting to new country,language and culture that makes us more vulnerable to their propaganda but also it is curiosity to find out what does bible mean.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Sorry Invictus - I should have added a smilie face or something - i didn't mean that meanly! I had a hard time finding my way around when I first started here too!

And WELCOME once again!

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

welcome to the board! :)

• Badger
    Badger

Welcome to the board!

You are free to vent, get it out and let it down in here.

• invictus
    invictus

sorry for double-post; I guess I was too nervous when I posted first time - didn`t see my thread so I thought id didn`t go through; is there any way to combine those posts?

thank you all for your warm welcome

invictus

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Welcome to the jwd land

Old Crow

• mouthy
    mouthy

Dont worry about combining the two thread ,,we have nearly all dont that at one time or another....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit