DA: Today I used my typewriter and fountain pen

by Mandrake 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mandrake
    Mandrake

Last week my mother (I live with her) gave me some clues that she finally awoke, and well, that came to be true and we now speak openly against many many things I considered taboo to talk to her. So with that achieved, it was time for a delayed duty, I took my typewriter one wrote my DA letter, and signed it with my favorite fountain pen, with my "trade mark" royal blue ink (everyone in the hall knew me for using that color and type of pen). I will hand it to the elders tomorrow, in February 14th, the "day of love". The final decision to effectively write it was taken in part (I decided it long ago) because an old friend told me about the rumours of me being disfellowshipped in my first congregation (not the same as the last), I'm only being inactive, so I had to clean my name, not from gossip, I need to clean my name from "their" name, I will be officially out by tomorrow...!!!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Its good you see it that way because either way they only announce, "Mandrake is no longer one of Jehofa's Witnoids." No one knows if you DA'd or were DF'd so the rumor mill will not be stopped. Peace of mind is nice, though all the gossip will be fueled even more.
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Yes! I know the announce will be the same either DA or DF, but part of my goal is to "gave real basis" to gossip, I'm done with the whole thing, the only thing that remains to be decided is to be present or not for the announcement (in the case I decide to be present I'll take it with a big smile :) )
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Congratulations, Mandrake, on taking the last step in becoming an XJW ( the first step in becoming an XJW is baptism).

When you are comfortable with doing so, I'd like to hear more details about what issues led to you and your Mom opening your eyes.

Congrats to your Mom too. Once our Cosmic Eggshell is cracked, it can't be un-crack it, even with Crazy Glue.

• baker
    baker
    lucky you...
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    Thank you all! I'm looking forward writing the "long" post from start to end of this trip!!!!
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Congratulations Mandrake. Great news about your mother waking up too. It's time to celebrate. ๐Ÿท๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿนโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’ฅ
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    Good decision, who cares about what those Jbots think!
  • Mandrake
    Mandrake
    :) my mom is being happier, last week we organized a bbq dinner with my gf and her brother, so we 4 enjoyed just because we wanted, it's been more happy moments with mom and she seem to start enjoying life beyond the wt
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

Frame the pen and mount it on the wall. A date attached, written with that fountain pen, would be a nice touch.

If someone asks about it you may choose to tell them it just has special meaning to you. A gift I gave myself that day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit