the Book of Enoch and the Nephilim

by schnell 27 Replies latest jw friends

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

The JWs will go on and on about how the Dead Sea scrolls were such an incredible find.

The book of Enoch was in there :) Parts of the original language at least. They were trying to help preserve and save this book.

• blondie
    blondie

pleaseresearch, the WTS uses the technique of leaving things out, only quote material that supports their beliefs, using ellipses (...) even.

• megaboy
    megaboy

"Took" is so stupid, Enoch didnt pass, he just spent his time with the creator so closely he began gaining his qualities and his appearance changed to where men were afraid of him. He slowly stopped interacting with men more and more until there was no point in him dwelling in the same realm, he was a different being altogether, so the best thing was to transfer him to the realm that the creator was in. Like a butterfly has no reason to sit in the same place as catepillars.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Pshh.

Everybody knows the Nephilim are actually a secret group of super-powered warriors fighting to prevent demons from overrunning the Earth.

Cassandra Clare says so.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pleaseresearch - "The JWs will go on and on about how the Dead Sea scrolls were such an incredible find."

Funny how they never seem to mention the stuff that was found that might call their beliefs into question. :smirk:

• fiddler
    fiddler

You asked about Paul's reference to the Book of Enoch. 2 Corinthians 12:1-4 sounds a lot like the experience that Enoch had being taken to the third heaven, paradise....there were something like seven levels.

(Excerpt from Book of Enoch)
    Chapter 8, VIII

1 And those men took me thence, and led me up on to the third heaven, and placed me there; and I looked downwards, and saw the produce of these places, such as has never been known for goodness.

2 And I saw all the sweet-flowering trees and beheld their fruits, which were sweet-smelling, and all the foods borne (by them) bubbling with fragrant exhalation.

3 And in the midst of the trees that of life, in that place whereon the Lord rests, when he goes up into paradise; and this tree is of ineffable goodness and fragrance, and adorned more than every existing thing; and on all sides (it is) in form gold-looking and vermilion and fire-like and covers all, and it has produce from all fruits.

4 Its root is in the garden at the earth’s end.

5 And paradise is between corruptibility and incorruptibility.

6 And two springs come out which send forth honey and milk, and their springs send forth oil and wine, and they separate into four parts, and go round with quiet course, and go down into the PARADISE OF EDEN, between corruptibility and incorruptibility.

7 And thence they go forth along the earth, and have a revolution to their circle even as other elements.

8 And here there is no unfruitful tree, and every place is blessed.

Anyway, I always wondered, as a JW, why this would be a matter to boast about. When later I read some of the Book of Enoch and it occurred to me that the Enochian stories were maybe highly valued back in the first century and for Paul to have had the same experience as Enoch would maybe sound a bit like bragging or boasting. Anyway, that's my take on it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

The writings of john in the book of revelations are also very similar.

• Raymudas Martini
    Raymudas Martini

Schnell: "200 angels. 200... And that's two thirds of all heaven"

How many "Watchers" do you think it would take to watch over earth? Realize, not,only Jude quotes from The Book of Enoch, but obviously Genesis 6 uses The Book of Enoch. Why was TBoE left out of the Bible canon? To hide certain information, for sure! Just like Moses' creation account is taken from the Sumerian tablets. The JWs are taught the Bible is the oldest document known to man, but that is a blatant LIE! The Book of Enoch, and the Sumerian tablets are much older.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit