Were You Ever Put On Any "Restrictions" While You Were A Witness?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I got restricted from reading the Watchtower paragraphs for about a year. I upset the WT conductor (and PO) when he asked me to read at short notice. I could have quite easily read but I disqualified myself because I hadn't marked my copy with lines under selected sentences and told him so. He took it out on me by not assigning me to read. When I was made an elder a year later I got WT reading reinstated which sort of made sense since I'd be occasionally doing the conducting anyway.

My skydiving activities when I was 20 were the subject of a local needs item on dangerous sports. I don't remember any restrictions but the less you had to do the better it was anyway. I'd sort of like being DF'd now and attending meetings, what a great excuse for not doing anything!!! I don't do anything anyway which is even better.

Thirdson

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

I was given public reproof. Not baptised but this meant I couldn't comment at meetings. Oh no, all that watchtower studying and no chance to show off.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Most of you already know my story, but I'll repeat it one more time:

* I was given private reproof for having a homosexual affair with a Bible study.

* I was given public reproof for going to see The Rocky Horror Picture Show in the theater!

How weird is that??

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Pretty weird Jim, pretty weird.

I could have gotten private reproof if I had just lowered my eyes and say "sorry".

yeah sure

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

I was put on restrictions once, that of course without telling me they had put me on restrictions. At the book study they hadn't asked me to pray (thank God) so i was enjoying that. But after awhile my wife started bugging me about it and me not knowing why or caring and was loving being left alone. Well eventually she asked the elder while i was talking with him he acted like he didn't know what she was talking about and when she left he told me that "he and the brothers had thought with the way things were going that they wouldn't have me pray for awhile oh good I said, that took him back a few steps. But then I asked him oh by the way when were you guys going to tell me about it? Was i suppose to know by osmosis or what? Big mistake he then started having me do the prayer at the next few book (repetition recitals) studys. So yes i had been placed on restriction(s) but of course I didn't deserve to know about it. oh gee!!!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Ohhhhhhhhhh yehhhhhhhhhhhhh! the famous 'restrictions'

Well, after being df'ed for 1 year because I spoke out about the pedophile that abused my child..................and was charged with slander/lying/loose conduct (just to make sure, to make sure)......................I was reinstated but had restrictions placed on me!

I was told at my reinstatement meeting that I would be on restrictions until I "regained spiritual health". I would have elder visits and support and once the elders discerned my spiritual well-being, I would have my privelages back. And they were.........1. answering up. 2. offering prayer on behalf of other sisters. 3. doing parts on the school.

I had NO visit, I had NO support, I had NO conversation with any elders for many months. So I rang and asked if I could at least have the privelage of answering at the bookstudy...............the 3 elders on my jc said they met and decided I wasn't ready to have that privelage. How they came to that decision, I don't know because they didn't even talk to me. I guess they had Jehovah's spirit hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They dragged my restrictions out for about 6 months so my family moved congregation and there it wasn't long before I got them back. Talk about getting mileage.

Anyhow they can shove their privelages now.......................I am free of their limitations and control.

Cheers, Bliss

• Austrian
    Austrian

Being that I was always on restrictions from the time I was 14 years old, I really considered it a good thing. I was only going to the meetings cause I had to and also my only social life existed there. Restictions meant I was never expected to do much as far as "reaching out". So when all the other young dub boys were preparing talks and aux pioneering, I was doing my own thing. They had to do the mics and read during the meeting while I stood in the back and talked to my friends. So yeah I was on restrictions and yeah it was cool...

• minimus
    minimus

Well, there you have it! Being put on "restrictions" is not a bad thing at all! Nobody bothers you. They won't even ask you to rake the leaves....Can't ask him, He's on restrictions....HA!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I wasn't able to comment, give talks, go out in service, anything. It was my favorite time as a witness.

ash

• minimus
    minimus

Sine all JW's are supposed to be "witnesses", a person is almost never restricted from going out in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit