What would we think about a person who lived alone in the dark for years and years on purpose?

by TerryWalstrom 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom
    The spookiest questions about God are profound when we take one step back and examine who/what such a god would be... J-U-S-T before creating the Universe...

Before anything was created: God wouldn't have been "the Creator". With nobody around wouldn't be Supreme being (Superior to who/ what?)

What would fill the mind of God when "nothing" is there --except you?
    (What is the "you"?)
    If God were lonely, that would necessarily imply insufficiency.
    (An insufficient God?)
    There would be nothing to Love but yourself.
    There would be no need for Justice or Wisdom. (Wisdom? About what? Nothing exists) (Justice? Who for?)

Without Light, this "God" was existing in darkness for eons--except--there were no 'events' by which to measure time--so, "God" would be like a lab specimen floating in a bottle on a shelf in a closet with the lights off for the eternity before creation.

What would we think about any other person who lived alone in the dark for years and years on purpose?

Creepy? Hermit? Mental?

These are spooky questions but the most troubling one is a simple question. When God created humanity, they were unnecessarily inferior to angels and angels were unnecessarily inferior to God.

I say "unnecessarily" because the INEQUALITY deliberately deprives the inferiors of equality of opportunity without permission.

This craving (on the part of God) was for adulation, worship, subjection, endless gratitude, and it seems to me all these behaviors are demeaning acts required of inferior beings who can't possibly provide them flawlessly and consistently.

The consequence for mankind consisted of thousands of years of animal slaughter and bloodletting to "appease" the angry deity. WTF?
    MENTAL DISORDER
    There is a disturbing mental disorder in which a parent deliberately poisons their own children for an outrageous purpose: the parent THEN becomes the Caretaker/rescuer; selfless and loving in the eyes of others. Munchausen by proxy syndrome, it is called.
    Question:
    Does this sound even a little like God?
    By creating humans inferior and presenting Himself as Superior--human aspirations for wanting to be like their Father (knowing good and bad) led them to disobey. That was their MOTIVE, mind you--not to hurt anybody or steal anything--only to BE LIKE GOD (their Father). For that, they must die?? For that, they must be rescued? ONE LAST POINT If Jehovah is a God of JUSTICE (you get from Him what you deserve)--then how can sinful humans "deserve" to be rescued through forgiveness?

JUSTICE
    Grace is termed "underserved" kindness---right?
    How is it Justice if it is "underserved"?

Remember John 3:16? For God SO LOVED THE WORLD... To love those who do not deserve love is a self-contradiction because it violates God's own standards of perfection. Why impose such standards in the first place?

Conclusion?

I asked: "What would we think about a person who lived alone in the dark for years and years on purpose?" I would think: INSANE

The God who operates within the Old Testament and New is two kinds of crazy.
    I think to suffer a mental disorder from all that alone time in the dark is not unusual.

What do you think?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I for one, once i woke up don t ponder on such trivialities and waste more time brewing on such matters. I just am getting on wth the goals I need to reach while enjoying the journey, no offence to anyone who disgrees. as they say horses for courses.

Good day.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Terry - "What would we think about a person who lived alone in the dark for years and years on purpose?"

Significant mental health problems.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Insightful post Terry. Personally, I don't spend much time trying to rationalize the existent of god since I left the wt. The whole concept of god/creator/heavenly father/provider/protector/LOVING just doesn't add up! But if ever there is one on this forum to make a cerebral case for not believing in god, you just made it succinctly!

Thanks (fellow prisoner in bonds during the Vietnam fiasco)

just saying!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Your fundamental argument is flawed. Your attempting to take what believers define as the single source of everything, the ultimate divine being, beyond all mortal comprehension and apply mortal standards like time or even darkness. No believer would ever give this argument the dignity of a response let alone any serious consideration.

I see where your going with it, but im not sure it works.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What do you think?

I think god(s) were all human self imaginary envisioned things which were created to give answer to what we humans see and experience, which also supports the claim that human ignorance is a indefensible fact.

Mythological story telling is not based upon facts its inherently fictional but historically over time certain humans have cultivated power unto themselves from these ancient stories and that is a indisputable fact.

• blondie
    blondie

Jeremiah 5:31

The prophets prophesy lies, And the priests dominate by their own authority. And my own people love it that way. But what will you do when the end comes?”

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Interesting thread Terry!

You asked what we would think of someone who chose to live on their own and isolate themselves?

You also asked what sort of results this may cause in their thinking or personality?

Lets let "God's own word the bible" answer it:

Proverbs 18:1 "one who isolates himself will seek his own selfish longing"

https://biblehub.com/esv/proverbs/18-1.htm

Yup, this pretty much sums up "God" well. A selfish, narcisistic bully.....with serious control and power issues....

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

"There is a shorthand we use when we teach evolution. What we say is, 'Evolution adapts creatures to their environment."
    That is NOT what it does. Evolution adapts creatures to the environment of their Ancestors."

When whatever was true for the ancestors is no longer true for the Modern descendants, those inherited coping and adapting tendencies, intuitions, interior 'truths' become a mismatch, a dissonance, and our strongest instincts and gut feelings will work against us much to our chagrin.

Eternal 'truths', mythologies, legends, and tradition got our ancestors through tough times enabled futures generations (us) to arrive.
    But the more modernity changes our landscape from our ancestors, the more misleading those gut instincts will be."

The question becomes, "Should we treat our traditions and ancient wisdom that carry over into this day as God-given and learn from them?--NO! If ever there was a time not to do that--it is now."

Quotes by evolutionary biologist, Bret Weinstein

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit