Follow up: the baby did not survive

by Captain Schmideo2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Steel
    Steel

About a year ago my wife had a coworker whose child drowned at the lake. They were having a wake at the funeral home and she decided to go with a pile of watchtowers about death of a loved one.

I had tell her it would be incredibly rude and if they want to believe there child is in heaven with Jesus right now, just let them. Of course the whole thing turned into a huge fight.

Once we got to the funeral home and saw the grieving family, she quietly gave up on the idea and just gave her condolences.

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

Steel-Okay. I will wait until one of my family members passes away before I express an opinion. Thanks for setting me straight.

• Steel
    Steel

So does being non religious or an atheist somehow protect you from shitty things happening to you ? Does it prepare you better for tragedies?

Using the death of a child to mock religious people , even the dubs, is kind of a dick move IMHO.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Maybe it's his way of processing the pain. It's not like he's pointing in the people's face, he's speaking anonymously about a situation that was sad and then even sadder due to the religious layer.

What your wife wanted to do was definitely a dick move, imho. She was taking it to them, while the OP laments the ridiculousness to those who will understand, apparently you notwithstanding.

• Steel
    Steel

Unless this child died of some religious nonsense like blood transfusion or Christian scientist crap, just leave it alone. Say nothing.

As for the decision to deliver a stillborn or a child that will die shortly after, not every one thinks its cool to have your child unborn or not torn apart like a pulled pork at a BBQ. Tongs go in, out comes a leg, then an arm, then another arm etc etc.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Who are you to decide when someone can have an opinion, how they can express grief, etc. in a way that hurts nobody?

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Steel, My mother-in-law died of one of these muscle-nerve deseases a couple years ago, and i had exactly the same thought as the OP. if there is an almighty, all powerful God, and he sees poor people, and babies, suffer and die horribly from awful sicknesses, without doing something about, then this God is extremely far away from the God of Love that he is supposed to be. Sorry that it is not politically correct, but it was and is my opinion and i stand for it. Now you claim we are not entitled to even mention it... Shove it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit