Follow up: the baby did not survive

by Captain Schmideo2 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Captain Schmideo2
    Captain Schmideo2

It was always a long shot anyway. But, after a week of emotional pain for the mom, and extreme physical pain for a helpless infant, the baby's body finally succumbed.

All those prayers from the parents, from family, from friends, were absolutely worthless. That is a deity for ya! Takes all the credit if things work out well, but none of the blame for when it doesn't. May as well been writing letters to Santa Claus for all the good it did.

So, life is SO SACRED that even a very high risk pregnancy should not be terminated by the mother, but, instead, should be allowed to develop to a point where the mother is in severe physical distress, and the baby has a physical condition that pretty much guarantees a very short life of intense pain and suffering, and then almost certain death. That's some joker of a god you got there...

And now I have to sit there and read "One day, very soon, you will hold that baby in Paradise, blah blah blah". Excuse me while I vomit.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So sorry for pain and sorrow and suffering of all involved.

I agree with you about termination being a necessary choice to have available.

People who want to be the big authority and forcibly withhold the option don't care who suffers. They just want the power to rule over others' decisions and lives. These people will not be the ones who take care of babies when the mothers cannot.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Words cannot describe such a horrible event...imagine the pain and impact for your friend and all involved!

And now I have to sit there and read "One day, very soon, you will hold that baby in Paradise, blah blah blah". Excuse me while I vomit.

I can totally imagine...

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I am very sorry to hear about that. But, I often wondered how this whole prayer thing works anyway. I mean JW's are taught that God doesn't do miracles in our current time, that it went away with the original apostles. So then, why do JW's pray for those who are clinging to life? Are they praying for a miracle? Sounds like it doesn't it.

So which way is it? I remember in my congregation there way an elderly brother who was on his death bed and all the brothers giving prayers were praying that "he make it through" because none of the doctors said he would be alive in 24 hours. But he did pull through and is still alive today and that was a year and a half ago.

So, in this case does that mean that God helped him, did a miracle just for him? You would surely think so because everyone at the hall, including the brother said things like, "Jehovah is surely good, I pulled through this when all the doctors said I was dead for sure".

So why help that brother but not the poor baby? Or another question, if God doesn't perform miracles today any more, why pray like that at all? Aren't you asking, basically for a miracle when you pray, "please help him through this so he can live..."

Honestly, since waking up, I can't figure it out.

• baker
    baker

We hear it all the time on the news, "prayers are going out to you and your family". Or how about a 24 year old who was hit head on by a wrong way driver and thrown out of the car as it flips twice, says to the reporter that it was god watching over him is the reason why he only got a few scratches. If that was the case, why did god allow the wrong way driver to hit him in the first place? None of this makes sense , just shows how humans try to put an explanation on things that are beyond our control, and move on. I use to say the same when faced with friends in despair, that our prayers are going out to you, now I try to just say, our thoughts are with you and your family and we are here if you need something.

• SAHS
    SAHS

The JW religionists have all their bases covered:

If the child dies (as has so unfortunately, often, and needlessly been the case), then it is thought to be Jehovah’s way of providing an opportunity to show faith, trust, and loyalty to Him in awaiting a resurrection while, in the meantime, supposedly being the impetus for the parents to keep preserving (enduring) in the WT religion down “to the end” so that they might (hopefully) one day be reunited with that child. (Of course, one ridiculous aspect of it is that quite often the child had to end up dying in the first place due to the WT’s extreme fundamentalist and cruel interpretation regarding blood transfusions!)

Yet, if the child is still currently living, then it is thought of as apparently being an opportunity to show Jehovah how one’s faith and comfort in Him (a.k.a. the WT) can help one to COPE with the trying situation at hand.

So, in other words: Whatever happens, trust in Jehovah (i.e., the WT) to make everything all better.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't know the background story, but I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of things don't make sense, and in times like this is when many ill-intended people and organizations try to entice you to buy into their false hopes and answers.

I hope you find comfort in whatever healthy way you find. The WT's Jehovah is not the only source of that nonsense, so please pay attention to all other sources of false comfort and caring.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

My heart bleeds when any child even cries let alone passes away. Im so very sorry for your loss.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

A young couple in my congregation made the choice to have a baby that had 0% chance of survival. They named the baby, took pictures, and held it till it died. The congregation praised their bravery and spirituality. They were never the same, and a few years later, they both had left the Truth.

I have two children, and imagining the pain and loss in such a situation brings tears to my eyes. Why would God only resurrect a child that reached full term. If life begins when the first cells divide, then that life should be as precious in God's eye's as a fully developed human being.

My heart goes out to that family, I am so sorry for their loss.

• baker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit