Shunning Jesus

by AEnEm 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I have said basically the same thing as the original post to my jw. He claims that "no! we love Jesus! we even end our prayers in His name". I concluded that they use 'Jesus' more as a talisman of sorts, just a way to end a prayer.

What my jw cannot wrap his head around is when I say jw's are not Christian. They don't believe in salvation through Christ nor do they believe in the resurrection the way mainstream Christianity does. Though there are many denominations those two beliefs are what do tie Christianity together.

I believe the gb is in fact blasphemous by claiming you need to go through them for any 'hope' of making it into the 'new system' 'paradise earth' (both of which are non biblical as well).

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

@ Carla - ask your hubby a wee question:

"If you are asked at a hospital if you have a faith, what would you tell them?"

If he replies, "Jehovah's Witnesses," ask him why Christianity isn't his faith.

• AEnEm
    AEnEm

According to JW theology, Jesus isn't the mediator for 99.9% of Christians - the GB is! Wow - what a let down!

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Well about 78% of the pages of the protestant Holy Bible is the OT and thus it isn't until after the first three quarters of that Bible that Jesus Christ is mentioned by name. [Prior to the NT (from a believing Christian perspective, not a non-Christian Jewish perspective) he is only referred to by prophecies of the Messiah.] Catholic Bibles and Orthodox Bibles have even more books in the OT thus making the NT an even smaller percentage of their Holy Bible.

If a person were to start reading the entire Bible (especially one which includes the books considered Apocrypha by Protestants) from the very beginning of the Bible, it would be a very long time before the person reads about Jesus Christ in the Bible. It would be a long time before the person reads accounts of a human Jesus on Earth and a long time before one reads theological doctrines about a crucified (or nailed to the stake) Jesus Christ who died as a sacrifice and for the forgiveness of sins, and who became resurrected and went into heaven and of who will later come in judgement.

It is true that in the JW religion it is primarily about Jehovah (though also largely about the WT and the governing body). The religion even says that Jesus Christ is one of the witnesses of Jehovah and thus one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and thus in that way the WT's JW religion subordinates Jesus to Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit