CSA and letters of response

by problemaddict 2 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Hi guys. Been a while since I've poked my head in.

I have a fairly specific question. I always enjoy reading WT response letters to publishers sending in questions. One of the first I saw was a reprint about someone asking about the feasibility of Noah's Ark. It was a great read. Similar letters have been copied for posterity related to blood, and 1914, etc....

Would you guys know if there are any such letters out there is response to people asking about the issues with sexual abuse over the years, and their policies?

Thanks in advance peeps.

• zeb
    zeb

Given the 'performance' of elders at the CARC they were utterly unprepared and had not read victim statements it is a very good guess that the matter of abuse has never been raised.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Maybe you should try the search option at the top of the page that should give you heaps of information.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Smiddy I did. No letters however. I thought the request was specific enough. No?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Sorry mate i can`t offer any further suggestions ,stick around surely someone else will be of help to you.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

If you can find "Shepherding the Flock of God" book you can get the newest policies on child abuse there I believe.

Lately, the society has asked all materials be destroyed. That should give you an indication of where this society is going,'

• TD
    TD

about the feasibility of Noah's Ark. It was a great read.

Great as in entertaining?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org doesn't answer correspondence with questions about the shit they get wrong.

They'll definitely wanna know what congregation you're in if you ask, though.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

TD,

Yes great as in entertaining. The mental gymnastics, and eventual stonewalling helped me see it's absolute absurdity while I was still heavily indoctrinated.

Vidiot,

Yeah I surmised as much. Thought I would put it out there though just in case. I can imagine just purely based in the liability of the situation they must be unwilling to write anything even if fairly vanilla.

TL123,

Good point!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It’s not about liability.

It’s about dissent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit