Notes From an Elders Meeting

by WinstonSmith 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith

So in this past week I came across a stash of my old elder stuff. I've scanned a bunch of notes and agendas, and public talk outlines.

Check out an agenda and my notes from the meeting here: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQmyCZN

I’ve put an explanatory note on each image in Imgur.

• hoser
    hoser

Elders have to deal with a lot of bs. Not worth the effort

• jp1692
    jp1692

Welcome back!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

This is very interesting. I don’t recall seeing elders’ agendas or notes before. This is quite informative.

I know other churches keep archives of agendas and minutes of meetings, including many that are open for the congregation, or others to read, sometimes going back centuries.

I don’t suppose KHs keep such archives.

Which makes me wonder, are the minutes of GB meetings archived? I believe so because Raymond Franz wanted to keep copies, but was not permitted. I hope they do keep archives, and that they become available for historians at some point in the future.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

“Confirm no action but no more chances” — love it!

”Status of schooling” — does that mean to ensure that no higher education is going on, or what?

• jp1692
    jp1692

SBF: This is very interesting. I don’t recall seeing elders’ agendas or notes before. This is quite informative.

I wonder if I have any of my notes. I was an elder for 20 years. Most are mundane, but some might be "informative." I'll take a look.

FYI: Elders are not required to do anything in particular with their notes from regular elders' meetings, but they are not allowed to keep their notes from Judicial Meetings, which are required to be put in the sealed envelope with all documentation, (at least that's how it was from the late '80s until 2009).

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

"Single incident. Honest. Told wife."

I wonder what hell the culprit had to pay when the wife tore into him.

• Corney
    Corney

slimboyfat, I think some GB minutes and memos may become publicly available - in not so distant future - in the course of lawsuits or state/federal investigations.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Can they be compelled? Or don't you think they’d shred them first, if it came to that? I’ve not heard of the inner counsel of any religion being seized: Catholic, Mormon, Lutheran, or whatever. Is that a thing?

• WinstonSmith
    WinstonSmith
    @slimboyfat: I don’t recall seeing elders’ agendas or notes before. This is quite informative.

I have quite a few more that I will post up in due course. I scanned them all over the weekend and need to go through them with a black pen to protect the innocent. It's so weird looking back on this stuff now

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit