What are you most passionate about?

by SplaneThisToMe 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zeb
    zeb

performing random acts of kindness..

I can tell you all of this as I am anon.

Yesterday at Centrelink (social security) I saw a young couple looking for work and they had a beautiful baby, the little one was clearly the very centre of their being. I acknowledged the baby wished them well and went to the toy shop and came back with a soft toy teddy for them. It lifted them no end.

• millie210
    millie210
    zeb
    performing random acts of kindness..
    I can tell you all of this as I am anon.
    Yesterday at Centrelink (social security) I saw a young couple looking for work and they had a beautiful baby, the little one was clearly the very centre of their being. I acknowledged the baby wished them well and went to the toy shop and came back with a soft toy teddy for them. It lifted them no end.A

And reading about your small act of great kindness lifted me!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010
    It was a struggle to come up with an answer on this one. As a JW, the things I was passionate about were chosen for me. It’s alarming that I still am working on finding my answer to this.

I hope you were able to answer it. Just a hint. Those are what they call behavioral or competency-based interview questions. The answer per se is not what they are after, but your capacity to articulate things that are related to people's qualities.

Sometimes good, well prepared job interviewers ask questions like this out of HR manuals that contain a number of "competencies" that a given position require, other than the basic skills and level of education.

Of course, some poorly prepared or unprepared interviewers, or people who have no clue, ask questions like that just to sound like they know what they are doing.

Best wishes in your job search. If that doesn't work out, that means you're a step closer to the right one.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It was no struggle for me. Pat on back...... wrenched my arm.

I am passionate about my wife........ we are well into the companion age not so much the hot and heavy age.

Passionate about my son who is fifty and our grandchildren.

Our friends, close friends. The kind we would visit in the hospital or in more pleasant settings.

I am a passionate reader to the point where I have light fiction in the bathroom, a bit heavier by my bedside, very heavy next to my living room chair.

Music....... love it. Played the drums growing up. Jazz and rock.

I am passionate about the people on this forum and consider it a privilege to discuss those things they want to talk about. Newbies....Oldies ....it's all good.

I am passionate about my 6 PM (never earlier) gin martini.

We have always eaten diner in the living room...... watching our favorite TV shows or movies which we have recorded so we can fast forward the commercials. We both came from abusive families where meal time was not a happy time. So we make ours a happy time.

I am passionate about where we live. On the top of a ridge with a 360 degree view of the Blue Ridge mountains.

I am passionate about the wild life that visits our property. Deer........ young new borne who already know how........ with out a running start........ can spring over a five foot fence. One minute they are there the next in the blink of an eye they are on the other side...magic. That's always a moment of wonder.

I am passionate about my wife's art, she's a museum level painter.

I could go on but enough said.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Silver age Spider-man comics up to about issue 100ish.

Steve Ditko and John Romita.

Please bury them in my eco-pyramid with me when I go.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Interesting question.

And,maybe I'm dispassionate about one of the central aspect of my life (at this time, maybe). I finished my last (delayed) study unit in 2017 Semester three (a summer one) and will graduate this year. I'm considering doing a Masters degree starting 2019, but that's all background.

My studies nearly all focused on Asia in some way - Asia has been the main influence for most of human history, si I went to uni to study the rise of Asia with a focus on the rise of China. In my studies, I criss-crossed Asia, east to west, north to south, past to present - I consider I have some expertise in this area now - if I do not properly understand a topic raised, at least I now have the tools to research it and arrive at a conclusion.

But, I've also learned to become detached emotionally so as not to be biased in my judgments. That's why I would prefer to be dispassionate.

Sometimes difficult, it's hard to stand back from some aspects of what I study. But what's the point of developing a biased opinion?

• bildad
    bildad

Giordano

Good for you. Nice post.

I don't have your mountain view but we head out for the Smoky Mountain range about 3 or 4 times a year. Certainly has a healing effect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit