Watchtower Perverts

by stillajwexelder 13 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Has the Tower a higher percentage of perverts than in other religions because of the two witness rule -- or do you think they are about the same and no different to other religions?

• jwbot
    jwbot

I feel it might have higher instances of violence towards women-because the way they raise boys to think about women. So it is quite possible to have a higher percentage of perverts...although the most important part is their treatment of pedophiles and pervert, and that the religion pretty much protects the wrong people.

• Valis
    Valis

uh there is nothing wrong with being a pervert sir...and no I don't think there are higher numbers of pedophiles in JWland just because of the two witness rule. Wherever there is unrestricted access to children, whether that be because of trust, or circumstance it gives the very sick among us the chance to inflict harm.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I was not just talking about the child abuse issue on this thread either -- ssee below and at least two other threads on this in the last 2 hours

BRANDON - A 42 year-old Jehovah's Witness elder has been charged after a senior citizen complained she was assaulted by a man pretending to be a doctor at a Brandon hospital.

A 75-year-old woman entered Brandon Regional Hospital just over a year ago. After years of caring for her invalid husband, the woman was depressed and required a psychiatric assessment. On the following Saturday, night a well-dressed stranger walked into her room. The woman's daughter says the man introduced himself as a doctor. "He told her to lie back and he checked her stomach. He pressed on her stomach and then he opened up her nightgown and she said, 'I didn't know, you know, what was really happening,'" she says. The elderly woman told Brandon police the stranger kissed her breasts. When he started to pull down his pants, she screamed at him to get out of her room. Gordon Edward Watson has been charged with sexual assault and personation. The 42-year-old Jehovah's Witness elder is believed to have been at the hospital on church business.

• Valis
    Valis

So you mean extremely deviant and harmful behavior. Yeah I saw that...what a freak! I still don't think though JWs attract pedophiles or extreme deviants. After all, they don't openly proclaim the two witness rule all the time, and most JWs don't even use that scripture much or even use it to get people to become dubs. . Maybe its the outward appearance of "good dubbie" that allows some very sick people to keep doing what they are doing without getting caught for long periods of time.... add the two witness rule and you get what makes for such a horrific marriage of religion and mental illness.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• minimus
    minimus

I don't think JW's are more apt to perversions than others. The 2 witness rule has nothing to do with more JW's being perverts.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Criminals are generally not the smartest people, with rare exceptions like Ted Bundy.

I doubt that rapists and pedophiles spend much time in the library analyzing the policies of various religions to figure out which one would be easiest to hide in. But I think that once a sociopathic personality finds himself in contact with JWs, he quickly realizes that these sweet, kind, trusting people are victims waiting to be had, and the spineless leaders in Brooklyn and congregation elders who permit abusers to go unpunished are guilty of failing the flock they have been entrusted with.

• willyloman
    willyloman

With all due respect, the issue is not whether JWs attract more, or even as many, perverts as other religions. This is an organization that insists it channels the true God in all its actions and pronouncements, and that His holy spirit guides the organization as He is their "husbandly owner." Further, appointed shepherds of this flock are said to be granted those positions by holy spirit.

If all this were true, the number of perverts running around in the organization would be zero or, allowing for the occasional fallen angel, extremely low. The facts indicate holy spirit is largely absent from the picture. So, even if there were fewer than the average number of perverts at the KH, their mere presence brings these claims into question.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It seems to me that the more sexually repressed a given group is, the higher the instance of harmful sexual behaviors. These people don't have a sufficient outlet for their normal sexual urges so they build up until the person "explodes" in harmful behaviors.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Just wanted to point out that, having worked in a hospital, sometimes the patients accuse random strangers of horrible or bizarre things.

One lady threated to have Rudy Giuliani "can my ass" if I didn't immediately put her back in "her room" which was in the "Jew Hospital" in "New York."

Being that I live in Pittsburgh, PA, I was unable to fulfill her request.

Another woman, high on morphine, claimed that I assaulted her and made "sick suggestions" the night before.

I'd been on vacation the night before and hadn't even gotten back in town till 12 midnight, and there was simply no way, barring telepathy, that I could have made any suggestions to her at all.

A third woman, suffering from Alzheimer's, said that she would like to have sex with me and my girlfriend. Fortunately, this was done in front of the entire nursing desk, so there was absolutely no room for any accusations of any impropriety on my part. She, on the other hand, was very inappropriate.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit