I got invited to Church

by refiners fire 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

When gawd finally calls, tell him to leave his number and a short message. If this is an x-exclusive brethren, i never want to meet a real exclusive brethren. He makes a dub look like a slouch.

SS

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

SS. Bang on the money. I think they are pretty nutty. Way holier and more mystical than any dub you ever met. Maybe theres some posts on their website that may prove amusing....I must look.

edited:

From the chat site I accessed.....

QUOTE: "Date & Comments: October 05, 2003- There are confirmed reports coming out of New Zealand of brethren ''in'' making numerous contacts with those''out'' and asking questions about what really happened at Aberdeen, information that has been supressed until now. These brethren want answers - and they aren't satisfied with the offical coverup. And, the more they find out - the more they want to know. They are openly fraternising with their relatives, visiting, holidaying, and the leadership is now has a dilemma on their hands - look the other way, or deal with it. If they ignore the situation, others will follow, if they deal with it - they will have an outright rebellion on their hands."

Looks like all the cults have their little "cover up" going huh?

..."They are openly fraternising with their relatives, visiting, holidaying,"...

Ooohhh!! SIN.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

From the Brethren site:

QUOTE: "During the winter of 1827-28, four Christian men ? John Nelson Darby, Edward Cronin, John Bellett, and Francis Hutchinson ? who had been concerned for some time about the condition of the professing church, agreed, after much prayer and conference, to come together on the Lord's Day and remember the Lord Jesus in the breaking of bread, as the early Christians did, counting on the Lord to be with them. For some time previously, they and others had been meeting to study the Scriptures; in comparing what they found in the Word of God with existing conditions at the time, they found no expression of the nature and character of the church of God, either in the National Established churches or in the various dissenting bodies. This led them to separate from these disparate ecclesiastical systems, and to come together in the name of the Lord Jesus "

Looks like a familiar story doesnt it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit