Do You Live For Today or Do You Focus On The Future???

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I was planning for my retirement when I was in High School. I guess that makes me a Furute person.

• Special K
    Special K

We're a combo family here..

We're at the stage of life where kids consume the bulk of our at not work time...and our schedule runs mostly week by week.. with tons of changes and arrangements and juggling.

so life revolves around the present things like .. work, school, hockey, badminton, basketball, etc., etc., etc. a constant juggling of 5 peoples lives.

Right now life is so hectic,.. but you know what .. I love it. and I wouldn't want it any other way. I look at this time in my life as being the BEST that it can GET.

and then if there is any time left.. we fall asleep..

I just noticed there is no religion in there.. Hmm?.. But if there is a God, I know he smiles kindly on me..

sincerly

special k

• Poztate
    Poztate

It Depends,

If my future goals seem out of reach or unatainable I concentrate on today and make it the best that it can be.If my short term plans are not working out as I had hoped I focus on my long term goals and future

• Soledad
    Soledad

I live for today. I'm not interested or curious about 1 year, 5 year, 10 years from now. I'd rather deal with things as they occur, good or bad. there is always something to learn from an unexpected event. tomorrow I might die, so yes, I will go ahead and drink that $5 cappuccino. I will apply to NYU Law for the 10th time. I'll dare to ask that cute guy out. I think it's all worth it.

• High Castle
    High Castle

I primarily live for today. Right now I'm a member of the Unemployed Nation so it's life lived dole check to dole check.

Fall is here so it's time to pull out the space heater and replace the furnace filter. And soon the clocks will be turned back. The excitement builds...

In regards to the future: who's future? I don't subscribe to the Witnesses version, nor to Merril-Lynch's. And it looks like the Revolution is on hold.

• heathen
    heathen

yesterday sucked , today sucked , let's see what the future has in store . BTW I can't get laid online either . lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit