Flu is finally back in Scotland - after its 2 year holiday!

by BoogerMan 19 Replies latest social current

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The little demon went totally AWOL for 3 winters, 2019 - 2021, but now it's back with a vengeance:

"The first minister turns to the "extraordinary levels of winter flu."" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-64209723

Must be a reasonable scientific explanation as to where it went on vacation.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Scientific explanation, I'm sure there will be. Reasonable, no

• Indoubtbigtime
    Indoubtbigtime

Yes there used to be hundred of thousands of people dead from flu around the world every year, then it disappeared nobody was dying from flu

but we all know they were it was just called covid

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hey ,I`,m in the land of OZ and I`m just getting over a bout of Flu ,I came down with it last sat.and am now just starting to feel a bit better now.

It knocked me around a bit ,tonite will be my first decent meal in 5-6 days b4 that I only sipped water .

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't trust 'the message' form the media. I hope to avoid taking sides or conspiracies. Bit.........er.....

I honestly think that most of the information we get spoon-fed is to suit a political agenda or that those giving it are just dimwits.

Look at Chris Whitty and Ian Vallance (I refuse to call them 'Sir' because they do not deserve that honour). All their modelling was out by quadrillions. Yet their tat was spouted like it was definite and going to happen just so.

These people are either just as thick as 2 planks or devious pawns in a bigger plot.

Personally, I just think they don't use joined up thinking and love themselves.

Any road up, The Flu seems interchangeable with Rona. Rona now has a stigma attached that I don't think it warrants. You could say the media and politicians use this stigma for their own evil ends or just that they are clueless wazzocks.

Take your pick........unless there is a 3rd option.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Isn't coronavirus a form of the cold/flu? So it didn't go away or disappear, it just got really mean for a few years there. Hopefully we will soon be back to the normal cold/flu, which only kill tens of thousands each year and for which the shot is called a "flu shot" and not a "vaccine."

• LV101
    LV101

Yup - it's a cold/flu under normal circumstances but different than the experimental/man-made, bio-weapons, for "coronavirus" used on humans as lab rats. Pray, chant, meditate, whatever, the Paxlovid is effective. Wouldn't be the first time. Big pharma has the 5th jab approved that will now cover all the variants -- the vaccine-hamster wheel has been up and running and speeding along.

• LV101
    LV101

Oh my - tried to edit but got busy here and missed the open time frame. Wouldn't be the first time they've used humans to experiment on.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

My goodness, no the SARS-CoV-2 virus was not an influenza virus of any kind. This has been public knowledge for years. Like the first SARS virus of 2002-4, it is caused by a virus from the large corona virus family, that also happens to include the far less dangerous common cold virus. Corona viruses are NOT all the same.

Influenza viruses similarly each have their own risks. Some are mild, others are more dangerous. Famously variants of the H1N1 responsible for the Spanish influenza and Swine Flu.

The flu and cold seasons were greatly diminished the last few years BECAUSE masks and social distancing work! As a matter of simple math, the measures work even more effectively against viruses with lower R-Naught (R0) values (IOW less contagious than SARS-CoV-2) like various influenza, parainfluenza, seasonal coronal virus (cold) rhino-enterovirus (RSV), metapneumovirus (hMPV) and others that cause flu-like symptoms.

If you did not know this, you really must reconsider your sources of news and health information or discuss it with your doctor.

• cofty
    cofty

Masks have a trivial effect - if any at all - against an aerosol virus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit