How the Present G.B. Deceives its Followers/Readers.............​.......

by The Searcher 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

Wow.... such fantasies.... To think I believed these jerks so completely, for so long. Good grief.

I did learn from them, however, the art of deflection and obfuscation. Not that this is anything of which to be proud. But it did come in handy one time during a business conversation, where someone was asking me questions and at the time, I didn't quite know the answers.

I was saying things like, "well, while that might be possible, we can't say for sure that blah blah blah... However, in other circumstances, it has been shown to blah blah blah...." To my amazement, they went with our company. Thankfully we came through and did a great job for them. I guess the point made was that though there were no guarantees, we would do the best job we could for them. We were professional of course, but I felt so bad for all those wiggle words! I learned from the masters of double talk.

Next time I will say, "I don't have the complete answer for that, but let me find out/do some research for you, and I will get back to you."

• Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ The Searcher - Really good info, you put up here. When you read it with a "clear", un indoctrinated mind, you realize how much BS they spew.

The sick thing about this, is that you just put up a small, little, snip it, of a paragraph or two. Literally EVERYTHING they have been printing for the past 100 years, has been double talk, like this. This is not some isolated case, or article,

The WTBS's CORE doctrines are, and have been, presented, and explained, in this way. Using "slick" words, and "maybes", never commiting to anything. It is pure, and utter rubbish. The GB should be ashamed of themselves. They KNOW they are NOT being divinely directed, yet they still deceive, and without any remorse.

They are snakes that speak with two tongues, and poison is all they spew. Their sins have amassed high up into the heavens, indeed.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And yet they will say "we NEVER actually said blah blah.... It was just some overly keen ones jumping to conclusions"

• Listener
    Listener

They are constantly doing this and it is very deceitful. I think at times they also use this method to introduce new teachings or thoughts then wait some time to see how the idea is accepted and if it goes well then they start teaching the idea as an accepted doctrine.

The Watchtower article in your OP appears to be written to explain when the chosen ones were resurrected but also to explain how they knew the Great Crowd was identified around 1935. In order to substantiate their reasoning they introduce a new thought which is that the resurrected anointed are communicating with them. However, there are some serious problems which they may not have realized (or it may have been on purpose to see how the idea would go down).

In the Proclaimers book of 1993, page 708, they had clearly stated that this type of communication was out of the question by stating “those who make up the one true Christian organization today do not have angelic revelations or divine inspiration”

I've previously written some comments about this 2007 article and they are as follows -

The GB claim they are not inspired but only directed by God's Holy spirit through diligent research, meditation and prayer to come to understand the Bible. There is one particular teaching that the GB admit that they believe their understandings are not known to them purely on this basis and that is identifying the Great Crowd in 1935. It was around that year that Rutherford believed the Great Crowd was being drawn to their organization.

As we know, before 1935 all JWs (or bible students) were considered to be anointed with a heavenly hope. How did Rutherford come to this knowledge? There is nothing in the bible to back up this claim - that is there is nothing in the bible to identify the year of 1935 or thereabouts (and there is still no specific date identified) as being the year that the Great Crowd would now come into the congregations. There are no prophecies that the GB use to back the claim, their is no time line and nothing in the bible that identifies this period as being so significant.

God's Kingdom Rules Ch 5 states "In 1935 came a brilliant flash of spiritual light. At the convention held in Washington, D.C., the great multitude was identified as an earthly class, the same as the sheep in Jesus’ parable of the sheep and the goats."

How would he explain what this brilliant flash of spiritual light actually is. No amount of research or reading the bible would give Rutherford this brilliant flash because there is nothing in there that supports the idea that they would be identified in 1935.

W 07 1/1 "11 What, then, can we deduce from the fact that one of the 24 elders identifies the great crowd to John? It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God’s anointed servants on earth in 1935. If one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935. Can we be more precise?"

This is an amazing claim. They are suggesting that the resurrected anointed MAY be communicating truth's. For one thing, this means that there is supernatural/spiritual/divine communication involved and they think this might be the case. So they are going way beyond the idea that it is just HS guiding them through research and clarity.

What is even more interesting is that they say this may be the situation, they don't know for sure. In other words, they claim that someone is communicating to them but they are not sure who it is. They would know for sure as to whether they are coming up with these ideas under their own steam or if it is coming to them through some other means. It clearly wasn't found in the Bible so it's coming from elsewhere. By acknowledging it might be from the resurrected anointed they are, as a consequence, acknowledging that it is coming from an external source by implication. They have identified that it is coming from supernatural means.

With that being the case we know that if it was God doing this through HS then truth would not change. Why would his lines of communication be faulty and shedding bad light which later needs to be re communicated with complete reversals in understanding?

They are not sure who is communicating to them, leaving us with only the information that is being communicated, from whatever source. Is it true or is it sometimes incorrect? How do they know if what is being communicated is right or wrong? They don't because the evidence shows that, at times, it needs correcting or changing. Yet, and here is the big problem, they accept that communication as being right regardless of not even knowing where it is coming from or how they are receiving it.. This is really scary and a brave admittance by the GB.

Back to this 1935 teaching. It was Rutherford that revealed this idea. However, the 2007 article with all it's indecisive words, do not attribute the idea to him, or it even being a possibility. The GB still accept the concept as truth and they know that Rutherford was wrong in other matters. They accept it today without any biblical basis but on the basis that it may be from a spiritual source. They have already shown that they accept lies as truth and think they only need to wait on God to reveal corrections, it doesn't make sense. Are these corrections through the same source (the resurected anointed) that they are not even sure about or some other source? If their not sure who is communicating with them then how can anything be trusted other than what is clearly written and provable from the Bible?

It is pretty obvious to any Christian that receiving communications from a supernatural source that proves to be false has to be from Satan.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

What year did Rutherford put out a book that stated that Holy Spirit no longer works and he got his information directly from the Angels?

• Listener
    Listener

These are some quotes from JW Files, there may have been earlier statements made by Rutherford

These angels are invisible to human eyes and are there to carry out the orders of the Lord. No doubt they first hear the instruction which the Lord issues to his remnant and then these invisible messengers pass such instruction on to the remnant. The facts show that the angels of the Lord with him as his temple have been thus rendering service unto the remnant since 1919.” (Vindication III, 1932, pg. 250)

The Lord Jesus came to his temple in 1918 and that would mark the time of the cessation of the work of the holy spirit as an advocate, helper and comforter for the members of the church on earth." (Preservation, 1932, pg. 202-203

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit