"We Miss You! (but only at the meetings)"

by Funchback 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• Funchback
    Funchback

Nikita asked:

Now, what I want to know is at any time did he ever ask you if anything was wrong? what happened, etc...Doesn't it feel invigorating to have all the control now?!

Nope. He never asked if anything was wrong. And even if I wanted to tell him how I felt from the heart, he wouldn't listen to me because it wouldn't be what he would want to hear. And, yes, I LOVE having the control and not looking at my OWN flesh and blood as though he's an authority figure who is somehow better than me because he has a title in a religous organization corporation.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    If you take them out of their JW mindset or if the surrounding scenario isn't at the Kingdom Hall, then they really do not know how to communicate.

That statement written by funchback really hit home as it described me to a tee. During my time as a loyal dub and for sometime after I left I didn't have a clue as to how to carry on a conversation with a normal person. Very perceptive my friend. Bug

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    If you take them out of their JW mindset or if the surrounding scenario isn't at the Kingdom Hall, then they really do not know how to communicate.

There ya go. That is exactly right. I liked lots of my dub friends but most of them had very little to offer. I'm not going to talk about the latest watchtower or how great it's going to be when everyone gets killed with them. It's alway something superficial. Great weather, nice jacket, car running ok? Now I do see a dub friend who loves to share KH gossip with me. That's always fun to hear who's doing who and who got away with it.

• DIM
    DIM

Funch -

Strangely enough Michalina and I have not had anyone call here or ask why we stopped going to meetings - besides my mom and dad who go to Hatboro. Not one elder has called, Michi's brother hasn't even asked. Our old friends know that we don't go, but just pretend that everything is the same....

• Funchback
    Funchback

DIM-

I guess you (and all of us) shouldn't expect anything less. By the way, how's the baby?

• DIM
    DIM

the baby's doing great.....we'll be in PA over thanksgiving, i think we are getting together w/ badwillie's family...you should come over and meet isabelle!

• Funchback
    Funchback

DIM-

Most definitely. I look forward to it.

Also, I got ANOTHER call today from another sister who said EXACTLY: "We miss you at the meetings..."

Why is it ALWAYS "we"??? She is single. She doesn't have any kids. Why can't she say "I" miss you???

Also, again, why is it ONLY at the meetings??? Oh, wait! I know now! It's because Dubs don't do things together recreationally on a regular basis.

• luna
    luna

I STILL get the "we miss you at the meetings" from my family, and i've been out for 10 years.

I don't think it EVER stops.

• Funchback
    Funchback

luna... You mean I gotta hear that expression for (10) more years???

By the way, welcome to the Forum!

• luna
    luna

Probably, yes. That and "you KNOW this is the truth, so why don't you come back? It would make your family so happy!"

Bleggh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit