My defense speech before the judicial committee

by Disfellowshipped-Brother 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Confronto
    Confronto

Ciao a tutti!

Premetto che io sono un testimone di Geova attivo, ma questo non significa che non ne ho vissute di ogni cotta e cruda sino a pochi mesi fa.

Sarò felice di esprimere la mia esperienza e di spiegarvi perché ne faccio ancora parte.

Detto cio, rimanendo nel post, ho letto con molto interesse e su tanti aspetti mi trovo in pieno accordo. Io stesso ho pungolato e pungolo da anni su tasti dolenti.

Quello che posso dire e che, leggendo l'esperienza, tante cose sono errori e cattiverie fatte da quelle persone in quella congregazione. E, ripeto, ho esperienza per dire con certezza che sia così.

Io stesso parlo liberamente dei dubbi o contraddizioni con amici anziani di varie congregazioni. Eppure nessuno di loro mi ha definito apostata, anzi si dialoga liberamente.

Ma ovviamente ho vissuto anche quella gente descritta nel post (che sono i veri apostati) e liberamente li ho definiti tali davanti ad altri anziani quando volevano accusarmi di apostasia. Sono loro che hanno fatto una brutta figura e si sono rovinati la reputazione, non io 😉

Ecco voglio dirvi questo, capisco tutto al 100%, l'ho vissuto e vi assicuro che il problema sono quelle persone e quelle congregazioni.

E non lo dico solo io, ma anche la società che ammette liberamente che ci sono state e ci saranno nominati non dallo spirito Santo e che i frutti quindi sono marci.

Spero di aver dato un piccolo sollievo alle enormi ferite delle quali capisco bene e vi sono fraternamente vicino 🤗

• blondie
    blondie

I agree with slimboyfat, that the elders of a judicial committee, would never let someone before them say that, not even read a letter of that, would not go past 1st paragraph. Now, if it was for your benefit, I can see that to get your ideas together in writing. I couldn't even read very far. Best to make it brief and to the point.

• riblah
    riblah

I started to read that...

• PetrW
    PetrW

The story which the brother has described to us has all the typical features: as can be seen from the actions of the "judges" and also from the brother's feelings and consequences.

There is always a presumption of guilt. The accused/defendant is obliged to prove his "innocence". The "judges" are not concerned with the content of his heresy, or more accurately: only to the extent that they find a contradiction between the JW-doctrine and the accused/defendant's opinion. Judges judge fundamentally, and sooner or later in the "process", what relationship the heretic has to GB. Does he acknowledge the "leading role" of the GB - yes or no? And if he formally claims to recognize the authority of the GB, then why does he not submit to that authority and still assert his ideas? By questioning the authority of the GB, he questions the authority of the "judges", so unless the heretic brings sufficient arguments in favor of his innocence, the initial charge of heresy remains on him...

So the procedural rules are clear, all the advantages are on the side of the accusers, who are often also your judges, and the "logic" of the JW-procedural rules cannot be challenged.

Either you accept GB, then you have no other views than those of GB, or, you have your own view, but incompatible with GB, and thus, you cannot be a JW. If you are not a GB yourself, then you cannot a priori be the source of the "new light", or even be the one to correct the light source... it is safe to say, even necessary to admit that "they" know you have no aces and are just bluffing...

As the brother himself writes, he felt his head hit the wall. The question may be, how to avoid it? If I leave out the situation of spontaneous decision: enough is enough!, then it should be a well thought out decision in order to gain time for yourself (your family). To buy time for what? Not only to get more arguments for criticizing JW-doctrine, but e.g. to establish other contexts, to reflect more deeply on the historical role of churches, different doctrines and views of salvation.

I think the example of Jesus himself is a good one for this: he knew very well that there would soon be an open confrontation between him and the world. That's why he tried to be as unobtrusive as possible until the conflict escalated. That's why he went to lonely places, why he was always on the move.

In practice, I think that means the best thing to do is to move somewhere else (if you can) and not visit KH in the new place. Start a new life.

If moving is not an option - the most common case - then what is needed is "internal emigration". One withdraws into oneself: gradually(!) one stops participating in JW activities until 0. But how does he justify this? By a simple and true statement: I don't feel comfortable there. He will not reveal his theological or other motives, but will sum it all up in one sentence: I don't feel good there. This statement is unchallengeable, or rather, they will begin to ask why this is so, but here self-control is necessary and you must constantly repeat only what you feel. Otherwise you will "hit your head against the wall" and not have time. If you can stand it, you will leave (relatively) quietly...

Why do I prefer to leave quietly? My answer implies criticism of some former JWs. In the departure of some JW's, one can see and not overlook that there is a visible share of their personal narcissism, a certain exhibitionism or "messiah complex", no matter how bad the JW doctrines are. My point is that if someone is "against" it, they are not automatically right.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Disfellowshipped Brother

I was hoping that you would stick around, share your thoughts and keep us posted as to how you are doing. Can you give us an update?

• Chevelle
    Chevelle

Banderhoven... if he so much as attempted to pronounce that mile-long speech, I think we all know what the outcome was. But hopefully he thought about it for a few days and then came up with a much more effective strategy. I sure hope so for his sake.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

“Brevity is the soul of wit.” —Bill Shakes

Also, when you are accused of breaking rules you agreed to abide by, attacking the rules is not a defense, it is a red herring. If you don’t want to abide by the rules anymore, you can leave. If you want to stay, you need to follow the rules. My position on this post is not that JW is right or wrong, the same applies for any judicial proceedings. You don’t like the law all of a sudden anymore , too bad that is the law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit