DECEPTIVE JW ELDERS - CASE#6

by Amazing 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Yes, I'm Frank. My story is at http://formerjw.homestead.com.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Amazing. I heard similar stories about 'apostates' including how evil and immoral they had becomesince leaving the 'troof' ... all lies of course I have since found out. No doubt they have since made up stories about us.

Hi Frank Just reading your letter ... wow, I can imagine their faces when they realise you had got that round to everyone before you'd gone !

• Dia
    Dia

Read your letter.

Now, what's the nuts and bolts of your story?

Welcome. Happy to have you here.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Simon,

They sure do make up stories. We have a woman in town who was disfellowshiped about 8 months ago. A neighbour asked her if she would now be able to speak with me. Even though she claims she has no desire to go back, she said she fears getting anywhere near me because of the "huge church of apostates" that I organized and lead. She got that story from Bethel where here daughter works part-time. They've also dreamed up stories about me organizing a gang to break up their circuit assemblies and other conventions. They even formed a brigade of special attendants to handle the pack of rowdies that they expected me to be leading. The truth is, I'm just super glad to be free, and the only time I ever give JWs a thought is when someone brings up the subject. I go through Georgetown two or three times a week, and I hardly ever think to glance at the WT property and buildings as I pass by. It's amusing yet sad to see Bethelites cross the street in order to avoid me. It's also amusing to see them smile in response to my smile when we meet suddenly and then see the smile turn immediately into a scowl when they realize what they just did.

• AvailableLight
    AvailableLight

Frank,

Wow. Your resignation letter was incredibly powerful; I appreciate your sharing it with the world. Ever hear any reactions from Bethelites who were moved by it?

AL

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

AL,

I got a reply from a circuit overseer's wife in Toronto who was pretty upset, but no others in "full-time service" wrote back. I sent it to hundreds of missionaries and Bethelites that I knew in various branches, but heard not a word back from any of them. One "publisher" in my own congregation wrote back and called it "junk mail." Two Bethelites in Brooklyn read it and said nothing at the time, but they're now out of the organization, not due to my letter but because of their own wrestling with WT contradictions. One of them left Bethel a few years ago. He just left JWs this year due to the Silent Lambs issue. He said he knows of at least 3 other ex-Bethelites who will also be leaving JWs soon over that issue.

• Dia
    Dia

Seems like you have a case for sueing the WTS for slander. You could set a real meaty precedent.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Dia,

Trouble is, the only witnesses are these guys:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit