What “Secret Sins” Do You Think Many JWs Are “Guilty “ Of?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

When I was a teenager I used to say that anyone who confesses to masturbation is a fool and anyone who denies it is a liar .

I also on occasions would say to someone " You know I read somewhere that people who masturbate would grow tiny smooth hairs on the palms of their hands."

And laugh when they would raise their arm and look at the palm of their hand.

• johnamos
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Clearly, there is a lot of over-drinking. I mean by JW standards. By "normal worldly" standards, the drinking most JW's do would barely get a 2nd look. Most things in our society revolve around getting a drink.

After becoming and elder, I was shocked to learn how much hanky-panky went on -- even between Cong members. Friendships just often went "too far". It's the same kind of thing that happens to "worldly" couples who become overly "friendly". (Can you say Hot Tub Party?)

More recently, I am surprised by how many (usually fringe) JW's have a Medical MJ Card. Hard to believe they didn't occasionally cop a buzz even before it was "legal".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "What 'secret sins' do you think many JWs are 'guilty' of?"

Umm...

...all of 'em?

• minimus
    minimus

Most couples before marriage have a lapse in judgment and do naughty things and keep it to themselves

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    With so many being self employed and working for cash/check there is widespread tax fraud. I knew of many who would rationalize the government has all the money they need. I know of some very wealthy yard maintenance businesses in that boat. They have no problem taking public assistance and medical either while pioneering.
  • Simon
    Simon
    They all masturbate, many drink too much

Not at the same time, 'cause you would spill it, right?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Aaaaand now I have an image in my head of the nastiest drinking game ever.

Thanks for that. 🤨

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Lets not forget pedophilia, such as fathers going after their daughters, elders doing this too.

and lying about these events saying things like " Well we didn't know it was illegal " .....Anthony Morris

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of an elder and his wife who were studying with this woman and her family. She came to meetings and seemed very interested in what she was learning. Evidently for months, the elder who along with his wife were Gilead graduates, the elder was having an affair with the woman! She was a beautiful blonde eyed elder’s wife and honestly he was a 300 pound bald man that was in my estimation homely. As soon as the elder’s wife realized what was going on she kicked him to the curb, got divorced and he was quickly disfellowshipped. That secret sin was a doozy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit