...It Belongs to the Society

by Lostandfound 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Way back in the 70s around the time when the elders arrangement was new I recall a particular CO who tried to replace all the circuit arrangement with young pioneers, in fact he tried to infest all of circuit with youth. My father in law was removed by this person from his circuit position and that added to the complete disdain even contempt my fil had for him. My fil was one of a small group that had formed congregation , built the KH with their own funds and where very loyal to the organisation, never commenting or expressing dissent in any form. However at an elders meeting he exploded when the CO said the KH was built with dedicated funds and belonged to society. Pre '97 it technically belonged to local committee. Well CO expounded on idea we should get hall replaced and share with another cong so money could go to Mill Hill. As I say Fred ( not his name) exploded at all this and gave the CO a dressing down to beat all dressing downs. Not exact words but essential he he said, This Hall was built by blood sweat and tears of a few who gave their savings to construct it, at a time you were in nappies. When you have grown in experience and not education we will listen to you, but not now, move on with your outline, we will have NO discussion on this and I am sure a show of hands of all the elders here will agree, every hand except CO went up. However my fil had not finished, Why do you presume to ask people about other people in your visit, what you may hear is gossip and I would know NO circuit servant ( servants then not overseers) worth his salt would do so. you will stop or I will stop you. Stunned silence. Elders wanted to clap. That circuit servant was as good as gold ever since. You could push my fil so far and no further. Remembered when writing that the circuit servant was called that so word overseer above should be replaced.

vaguely recall Branch servant was Pryce Hughes a good friend of my fil and his father who went back decades,, so fil no fear of speaking out. Old timers knew bethel when it was a shop then a building in Doughty st, London.

Today he would be removed immediately, long gone old timers with experience under their fingernails and a new breed of "professional" elders in charge.

Even then CS saw money dancing before him and dreamed I expect of writing to Mill Hill enclosing a cheque for sale of KH, scoring brownie points.

Sadly at turn of century cong had built up scores of thousands for a motor refit job, however cong merged then and guess where money went, not to new enlarged KH but to society, thieves now and always have been. Sadly fil long dead, no promised Paradise for him and mil, and I know of no elders with that freedom of speech.

• Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Just to add older ones who built hall w et back to Pastr Russell days, so they were fearless in speaking out and of course were of the anointed class. Standing on streets witnessing aloud much different from the cart farce of today, these brothers and sisters pre ministry school , witnessing then often dangerous and always extremely unpopular

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Today he would be removed immediately, long gone old timers with experience under their fingernails and a new breed of "professional" elders in charge.

Sad, but true, my friend. The experience, the individuality , the character of those old guys from whom we learned as young up-and-coming servants has been lost to the current breed of WT Clones they have these days....

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

So what is your solution? Should ever member who contributes to a Kingdom Hall receive a portion of the ownership of the kingdom hall? Should it be based on how much you gave? If you want to move to another hall, does your ownership stake stay at that hall or move with you to the new one? What happens when someone dies, who gets their stock? What happens if the person who contributed the most wants out of it, do they get to decide that the kingdom hall gets sold?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So what is your solution?.....RO

The WBT$ stops selling KH`s,JW's paid for..

Which would solve the second problem of the WBT$ stealing cash..

Made from the sale of the real estate,JW`s paid for..

Theft Problem Solved..

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

So Outlaw. If a kingdom hall is too small or no longer needed the property should just be kept there to make you happy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So Outlaw. If a kingdom hall is too small or no longer needed the property should just be kept there to make you happy.....RO

The JW Congregation should do what ever they like..

With the property they bought and paid for....

The WBT$ should keep their thieving hands off of it..

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

So outlaw my questions still stand. How do you decide who gets to decide, the people who are currently in the congregation or the people who were it when they built it? How do you decide, how much weight a person's vote counts to making that decision? Is it that the congregation should know how much each person gave to building it and then what, every dollar equals one share? So if one guy who gave 25,000 dollars decides to sell it and he has most of the shares it pretty much belongs to him right. Again if someone moves away should the congregation pay that person back? The way you make it sound like is so easy but these are just a small fraction of the complicated questions you would have to answer.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Never knew your FIL but I like him. lol He reminds me of my Elder Dad (deceased). He would do the same thing. You are correct, he would be removed toot sweet today, if he did that.

The new breed of Elders are wanna be big shots. The beautiful thing about this is, once all these wanna be elders are left to run the show, they will peck each others eyes out. Once they are done pecking each others eyes out, WT will discard them like yesterdays trash. Watch and enjoy the show!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    richard: The way you make it sound like is so easy

It is easy.

Each congregation is incorporated and must abide by the rules set down for that. Dispersal of assets, and who gets a vote on board decisions, if dissolved, would be covered under those rules

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit