Existing in the nature of God

by ClassAvenger 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

If a person would just "inform" themselves about the history behind the NT.......they would understand why the confusion regarding this subject.The trinity will twist your brains in knots. It's much easier to find the "source" of the problem..............that being those who fabricated and twisted the story of any life Jesus might have had here on earth, and put it into the bible.

Gumby

• Dean Porter
    Dean Porter

Myxomatosis,

thanks for your replies.

I appreciate your comments and please accept my apologies if I was a little 'severe' in my comments.

It is just the fact that this is a 'pet subject' of mine to which I have gone to some lengths to study and research.

So I get a little irksome when I see the facts being misrepresented.

I have to say that from your initial response I got the impression that you were being a bit cheeky with me. It is difficult to gauge the actual ' tone' of posted comments when they are read. So I accept that I may have misjudged your tone and for that I apologise and hope I wasn't too cheeky myself.

With regard to the Bible , yes I do have a high regard for it and I continue to try and understand it better with an open mind. However there are some subjects like the trinity that I believe I have a fixed understanding and position on.

As gumby said, the biggest trouble with all this is that to learn more about Jesus and scripture you first have to wade through a load of 'rubbish' and be able to discern between the made up and the factual.

If you are interested in knowing more about the term HO OHN in EXODUS 3:14 get yourself an Interlinear bible and have a read at Revelation chapter 1 and see what you can find !

regards

Dean.

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

If a person would just "inform" themselves about the history behind the NT.......they would understand why the confusion regarding this subject.The trinity will twist your brains in knots. It's much easier to find the "source" of the problem..............that being those who fabricated and twisted the story of any life Jesus might have had here on earth, and put it into the bible.

Gumby

Myx: Hey Gumby!

isn't it pretty much religion and doctrine that makes a person doubt the existence of God?

I know it has for me...

As for the Trinity? Well, yeah, it's not what you'd expect..that's one of the reasons I believe it.

As for the fabrication of the New Testament. I'm not gonna give a whole lot of information in support of it, cos I don't think you're interested...neither am I frankly.

The thing I've thought about recently is what if He did exist? I mean the Jesus written of in the New covenant? How would I feel about a person that allegedly did and said the things attributed to Him in the NC? Including, as the gospels have it, suffering every pain and dying for every wrong that humankind has done, did or will ever do. Making His suffering on the cross literally unimaginable. If it's true. What would I think of Him?

I'm just drawn to that. I think that I have not seen compelling evidence to the contrary (and I've seen my share) that has not been refuted, that He didn't exist, and until I am convinced by the truth as it be of the matter, I don't think I really want to deny Him.

I think you've been hurt by religion and what you thought was god...and intellectually satisfy that pain by being able to tell yourself and me that it's all bunk. Perhaps your right. *am worn down from all the different ideas*

anyways, I really dunno what I think or what to say. I'm tired.

I hope you find peace and joy ...I think you're cool!

cheers Gumby,

Myxomatosis

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Hey Dean

thanks for your replies.

Myx: kein problem

I appreciate your comments and please accept my apologies if I was a little 'severe' in my comments.

Myx: Hey it's cool baby! I probably am just getting a little of what I give (hint: I dish out alot of insults) on a daily basis to Jehovah's Witness I debate. Yes, I am far their superior lol

It is just the fact that this is a 'pet subject' of mine to which I have gone to some lengths to study and research.

So I get a little irksome when I see the facts being misrepresented.

Myx: That's fine, I've done alot of skip hop over here and back here, and all over the place studying, that's when I get in trouble, cos I was answering you from memory which is scattered. I understand...I've seen it with my debates for six months now. It's like WRONG! slap slap slap

I have to say that from your initial response I got the impression that you were being a bit cheeky with me. It is difficult to gauge the actual ' tone' of posted comments when they are read. So I accept that I may have misjudged your tone and for that I apologise and hope I wasn't too cheeky myself.

Myx: Really? No, twasn't in a cheeky mood..and that's one of the most frustrating things about MB, it's all about how the other person PERCEIVES you said it, not necessarily how you meant it. I enjoy the cheeky. just don't be insulting my exegesis, fool!

With regard to the Bible , yes I do have a high regard for it and I continue to try and understand it better with an open mind. However there are some subjects like the trinity that I believe I have a fixed understanding and position on.

Myx: Well, I probably have a fixed idea too. Although, we never really heard the word "trinity" growing up you know.. We were always taught about the gospels, the life of Christ, not doctrine. So I'm rather open as to what I read. It's weird just at first realizing that you have the choice to believe or reject what you were raised with... and be grown up enough to see for yourself what that "truth" is based upon and decide

As gumby said, the biggest trouble with all this is that to learn more about Jesus and scripture you first have to wade through a load of 'rubbish' and be able to discern between the made up and the factual.

Myx: I have read on this, from many sources, but to me it has seem to be speculation for the most part. Especially when you look at Polycarp, Ignatius, the early church fathers writings. I think the NC is solid at this point.

If you are interested in knowing more about the term HO OHN in EXODUS 3:14 get yourself an Interlinear bible and have a read at Revelation chapter 1 and see what you can find !

Myx: Yeah, I'd love that. I have a concordance I believe at the moment. Vines. And guess what my Aunt informed me with glee that she was getting me for Christmas?! a LEXICON! Oh goody! More STUDY! bah

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Myx,

Thanks for the kind words.

You mentioned many doubt god because of religion......very true! I however do not doubt in a creator who made loving beauty and wonderment. I simply do not believe the bible is the word of god.

I myself wish their was a person who could offer eternal life in "a paradise, or heaven". That would be awesome indeed! A person must decide from his heart what he/she see's as true or false, and then base their honest feelings on them, and go those feeling's. I am happy if you are happy, but I also want to make sure my happiness is based on reality and not emotional high hopes. I trust yours is not.

Take care,

Gumby

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Myxomatosis,concerning 1Thess.4:16,it is not even talking about Jesus as THE LORD.

Many are not aware that all three Bibles of the Society identify THE LORD at 1Thess.4:16 as JEHOVAH not Jesus!

KIT.Kingdom Interlinears of 1969 and 1985,also the New World Translation with References all have footnotes identifying THE LORD as JEHOVAH!

Ask and show the witnesses about this and they will be shocked!

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit