Sells out of KHs

by asp59 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• asp59
    asp59

I just wonder about the 3000 buildings that are gonna be sold out. Seems like a lot. But how much is it in percentage of the buildings they own that are gonna be sold?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Probably half

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

It is exactly 19.7%. I know because, well, I don't really know a damn thing, but I wanted to bump this thread. :)

• kairos
    kairos

...but I thought they were going to build 500 new KHs.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Actually Lett said that they needed to build 14,000 new Kingdom Halls in 2015. But now with the shuffle of congregations and the leaked video, instead of "building 3,000 Kingdom Halls per year", the will be selling 3,000 over the next 5 years.

• LV101
    LV101

Level - wasn't the leaked video 2016 so some/many properties were probably already sold off? Hope they have to continue liquidating every year, but doubtful.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

This is a message that no one should claim direct appointment from God. If appointed by God, org should have go ne increasing.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think I remember one of the videos said there are something like 70,000 Kingdom Halls worldwide. That would mean just under two congregations per Kingdom Hall on average, which sounds about right when you consider the combination of rural Kingdom Halls with one congregation, urban Kingdom Halls with multiple congregations, and congregations in poorer countries with no Kingdom Hall that rent out facilities.

I wonder if there are any other religious groups with that many buildings worldwide? My guess is that only the Catholic Church and maybe the Anglican Church actually own more buildings.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''This is a message that no one should claim direct appointment from God. If appointed by God, org should have go ne increasing.''

There was a WT back in Feb 2017 which made mention they were ''not inspired not infallible''. I stumbled across videos and they made mention of the Sat, July 28,2018 days text which says they are ''neither infallible or inspired'' again or something like that.

If people can't see the forest through the trees, it's just time to pull the ''blinders'' off. DUh.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

i think its great that the watchtower is making it even harder for new people to start going to kingdom halls but they cant have that much more now to cmake savings apart to sell kingdom halls off

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit