Want to have your entire concept of 'history, time and civilization' challenged?

by kairos 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Mephis
    Mephis

I'm suggesting that video is as much fun and as accurate as anything else which could plausibly appear on Ancient Aliens, yeah.

I also don't think the measurements of any pyramid give the date for the second coming of Christ, but few people write books about that these days. Aliens, secret societies and the people of Atlantis are much more fashionable.

• kairos
    kairos

I'm suggesting the math is accurate.

Watch the 12:00 segment on Giza:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djcJI8NcC2c

---

I feel like I'm trying to convince my wife to watch the Geoffrey Jackson testimony from the ARC. ( which she still won't watch ).

• kairos
    kairos

I won't try to convince anyone to watch from here out.

I'd like to see what people that have seen some it have to say.

---

Bonus points if you research:

Metatron's Cube ( Enoch )

Tree of Life

Flower of Life

Sri Yanta

• Mephis
    Mephis
    I'm suggesting the math is accurate.
    Watch the 12:00 segment on Giza:

I got to the part where he listed the grandmasters of Sion before dissolving into laughter. The chap doing it is either pranking people or is an idiot. The Sion stuff was a hoax (Helpful hint: Pentard + Pelat Affair for when Pentard admitted he'd fabricated it all). Just let that sink in. The guy who is doing this is citing a hoax as fact. I think we can spot why Dan Brown was listed as opening the doors of his perception in the earlier video you quoted. But let's get on.

He then starts to discuss the measurements of the great pyramid. Greaves did in fact think that the (English) foot was the unit of measurement used by the ancient Egyptians. Sadly Greaves was wrong as 5 seconds research would show. Does this perturb our intrepid seeker of truth on Youtube? Oh no, Greaves was right. Why? Because clearly when data doesn't fit theory, data is wrong. (Helpful hint: look up 'cubit')

So I'm 2 minutes into a 12 minute video. Both points so far made are wrong. Another 10 minutes of this is 10 minutes too long. Sorry for not watching it all. As I said, I have read most of the source material he listed. That's guff too.

Sorry Kairos, it's tosh. Apply some critical thinking to this, do a little research yourself to see if what this chap is saying is actually correct or whether he's pulling it out of his posterior based on the pseudo-histories he's dug up from the 'Atlantis and other crackpot theories' section of the internet.

• kairos
    kairos

Thanks for the reply.

You watched 2 minutes of one portion of a 3.5 hour series.

If I knew you were only going to watch a tiny bit, I would have directed you to a specific time stamp in the short vid on your behalf:

4:11-5:12

• Mephis
    Mephis

Did you want me to debunk it segment by segment? I thought you said you'd spent hours researching this?

We have a fair idea of how good ancient people were with latitude and longitude. What your man there wants us to believe is that the Egyptians could accurately place a pyramid to a particular latitude which then reflects the speed of light.

Let's see how accurate the Egyptians were.

First off let's ditch the speed of light thing. That's in metres. The Egyptians used a cubit. I'm not sure what the speed of light is in cubits but it ain't going to match the google map latitude. Not sure they used a decimal point either, but happy to be corrected if they did.

Best I can get for comparison of latitude is the old system of degrees and minutes. If we use Ptolemy's Geography just as an example. He's consistently about 20 minutes out with his latitude and he's building on many centuries of work after the Great Pyramid had been built. Great Pyramid is 29 degrees and 58 minutes. So twenty minutes from that is 29 degrees and 38 minutes. Which would mean even if they'd used this number (which they clearly couldn't have been doing), they'd have put the Pyramid in a different place.

So, yeah, an example of trying very hard to fit a number to another number and proclaim 'I've discovered something' but in the process abandoning common sense, historical accuracy and any claim to having a critically valid method of formulating a theory.

Was that what you were looking for?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Cool.

Pyramidology in the digital age.

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

@Kairos

Just spent some time looking at the vids on the YouTube channel. Can I ask what points raised in the videos presented do you disagree with (if any)? Have you found any factually inaccurate points raised in the vids? Any overstretching or guess work presented as fact?

I know it is a bit of a leading question to ask, but I am genuinely interested if you accept the information as whole is accurate or if you find some of the claims unsound? Perhaps if you have time, could you tell me one thing you disagree with in the videos?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit