Doctor Who: Massive Slump in UK Viewing Figures

by snugglebunny 10 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Could this be because - *gasp* - because this whole transgender scene is a big turn off?

• Aussie Oz
  • Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

Didn't know she was transgender. I thought she was female.

My mum sees a female doctor, so I don't find it unusual. :)

Haven't watched it much since Tom Baker/Pete Davison era, but Billie Piper was yum.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

**GAG**

• Simon
    Simon

It's a shame, we've just been re-watching some of the older of the new reboot and the episodes like the "weeping angels" were just soooooo good.

It's a case of "Get woke, go broke".

They have done it to so many things, I'm amazed anyone goes along with it anymore. The left are like locust - they take something over, destroy it and then move on.

• alanv
    alanv

I for one wont watch it any more. The Dr is man, not a woman. The original script writers wanted it that way. Just like other books or tv characters are women. 'Charlies Angels' comes to mind. Should the angels suddenly become men lol. What about Jane Eyre, should she suddenly become a man if a film is made about her or a tv program? Totally stupid.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I was just plain stupid. It was to placate to the ultra woke culture. When it happened to the "Master" character a few seasons ago, we long time fans just gasped and held our noses. Now, it's Doctor Who and some just said, "Enough, enough already!" I really tried to like the new episodes with Jodi but can't. And I love how these ultra woke 20 year olds try to tell me that it has been always possible for the Doctor to change his sex. I've been watching since the early 70's and nope, never happened! They took a one off line that was meant as a joke then poof, PC Doctor Who. Enjoy your shitty episodes and I will wait for it to be cancelled then hopefully it will be brought back after 10 years and it will be done right again.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This isn't Dr Who, this is the BBC taking a franchise and using it to virtue signal and play diversity bingo.

They like to blame sexism for the fall in viewers. They blame men for hating on a female Doctor. This is nonsense. It's fiction. The Master changed to Missy and it was really well done.

Chibnall and the BBC won't take responsibility for absolutely boring, incoherent crap stories and wooden acting. It's awful. I have now stopped watching this garbage.

It's nothing to do with any 'ism' or 'phobia'. It's boring and preachy scripts.

This isn't Dr Who. I don't want to see BBC diversity bingo and virtue signalling. I want to be entertained with good stories.

There was plenty of 'diversity' in the RTD era but it was well written and not overtly preachy.

Yep, Simon. Get woke, go broke.

I'm surprised these lefty fascists even use the word 'woke'. Isn't that cultural appropriation by their fascist dogma?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Tim Pool said it correctly:

Dr. Who has been turned into The Magic School Bus.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I long ago gave up on Dr who. And BBC in general. The US gets them on public tv or cable.

There was a show Survivors, canceled and replaced by Dr. Who. Really pissed me and lots of others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit