Animals as vegetarians thread continued

by Crazyguy2 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82

Do they ever explain what happened to all the heat produced by collapsing a few hundred million years worth of

radioactive decay into just the last few thousand years? Why wasn't Noah boiled alive bobbing about in his coffin

on a boiling sea?

Excellent questions.

And you know what the JW answer would be to such a question, don't you?

"Where are you getting these ideas? That sounds like apostate reasoning. Are you an apostate?"

If they are especially mild, you might get a "let me do some research and get back to you", and from that point on you will never hear from them again.

As I noted earlier: If you are looking for an intelligent conversation, your better bet is to talk to the gravel.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

It seems the JWs never made up their mind; OEC or YEC. If you are to choose between the two, YEC has proven easier to preach.

• LeeT
    LeeT

To add another twist to the tale, if the JW's wish to hold to the view that animals only started eating meat after the flood, since coprolites containing bones show that non-avian dinosaurs (and other now extinct species) must have survived the flood and been on the ark, these non-avian dinosaurs must have gone extinct after the flood.

Most people associate the Chicxulub asteroid impact crater associated with the global deposition of a thin iridium layer at the K-T (K-Pg) boundary, perhaps also associated with increased volcanic activity at the time as the event that sealed their fate. At any rate, this was certainly more recent than the first signs of meat eating. This asteroid impact must have been post-flood too.

We're left with a God who goes to great lengths to kill all mankind except for the eight people on the ark but save the animals in the process. Then, shortly afterwards, sits back and permits an asteroid to cause a mass extinction event (some estimates are for the extinction of 75% of all plant and animal species). Somehow this seems to have gone uncommented on by the post-flood authors of the Bible.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m just curious as to why the person gave me a dislike and what their reason was.?

• LeeT
    LeeT
    I`m just curious as to why the person gave me a dislike and what their reason was.?

I've given you a couple of likes to make up for it.

You deserve them, I must have read quite a pile of your posts over the years.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Lion Eating Grass - Original Picture taken before Noah's flood

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I eat a little veggies with my beef too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit