What JW's are saying about the Vikki Boer Decision

by CoonDawg 18 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

So, you wanna know what the JW's are saying about the decision? Here's a thread from PLN...

jpfolks:

I have been waiting for this final judgment from the court. This whole case has been a backwards mess for some time. I never could figure out why Vicki went after the elders and the Society instead of her father. He admitted to the abuse. He has never been charged, even though he did go to the Childrens Aid Society and report himself as the elders told him to after he returned from a vacation.

This judgment is going to show Vicki who all her real friends are. The apostates and opposers have been rallying around her since this case started. I wonder if any of them will be willing to help her pay the legal costs? I doubt it very much.

Candleinthesand:

JPFolks...my thoughts exactly! Read this thread earlier and was going to reply along same lines as you but you did it soooo much better!

Wondering if "that guy" who seems to make Dateline and 20/20 etc. by running around the country "looking" for victims he can use to talk into lawsuits will have as much success in finding people do his evil deeds now?

Satan using the media is not new. And Jehovah's organization has warned us this is going to happen more and more in the near future.

I hope the young lady in this story finds peace and does realize Jehovah's organization does things the scriptural way.

Manoftruegod:

Forgive my ignorance with law, but what is the principle behind the Society asking her to pay for the legal cost? Just in case I get asked this question I have no clue how to answer.

jpfolks:

Originally posted by ManofTrueGod:
    Forgive my ignorance with law, but what is the principle behind the Society asking her to pay for the legal cost? Just in case I get asked this question I have no clue how to answer.

Here is the key in the article that answers your question...

quote:
    Under an Ontario Courts of Justice Act regulation, even though Boer won her judgment, it was less than the total legal costs of Watch Tower and costs of the offer, and thus, she must pay the legal costs.

granmoogie:

I'm not up on Canadian law, but it sounds to me as if once she refused the settlement that the Society offered, she had to bear the costs because essentially she lost the case.

I know there was a movement in the States to make the loser in a case pay costs in an effort to discourage frivolous law suits.

crisco:

She brought several charges against the society, only one of which was awarded to her. She didn't actually "win the case".

Someone expressed a thought that I tend to agree with, this sends the message that frivolous lawsuits against the Society will not be tolerated.

natty:

Originally posted by jpfolks:

This whole case has been a backwards mess for some time.

Backwards mess does not even begin to describe it. My sister works in the jury office at the Toronto Courthouse. Even though the Society asked the Witnesses not specifically involved (from Shelburne, Ont) to stay home, they couldn't resist, and even brought their children too. Little kids in their little meeting suits were playing in the hallways, in the elevators, and it was a terrible witness all around.

hmmmm...so this is R & F...

Ern

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Well, there's some unbiased opinions if I ever saw one!

How dare all those apostates comfort & help Vicki go through this process

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I hope the young lady in this story finds peace and does realize Jehovah's organization does things the scriptural way.

These people are SO F**KING BRAINDEAD!!!

Walter

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Wow, bunch of cold hearted....

It looks like one or two may have seen just how cruelly Vicky was treated... but stuck with the party line.

• myself
    myself

Boy, can't you just feel the christain love among them!?!

• shamus
    shamus

Sick.

Like we really rallied around her.

Sick sick sick. They just have no idea what is going on here. Those sick sick sick people. Do you see how they gloat? She deserves it, is what they're saying.

Thank god I am out of that satanic organization. If there is a satan in this world, it is them.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Very predictable, and an excellent example of Witness straw-grasping. Of all the parties in the case (Vicki, The Watch Tower, the Elders), the Watch Tower Society was the only one who lost, being found negligent. Quite how being found negligent constitutes not losing the case escapes me.

Getting worked up about it is a waste of time and energy, however. I firmly believe that the vast majority of Witnesses would offer to hold the Governing Body's coats while they gang-raped an eleven year old, and then join in denigrating the victim afterwards. Convincing them that the Organization is wrong simply can't be done.

Far better to spend time and energy on things that can be done.

Expatbrit

• shamus
    shamus

Excellent point, Ex!

Sitting around getting pissed off does nothing. Actions work.

If you read this, have you written a letter yet? If not, DO IT RIGHT NOW. Mail it out tomorrow.

GET BUSY.

People must know how awful this really is.

• sf
    sf

Hey guys,

I posted this as a separate thread and would like some assistance:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/59783/1.ashx

Could any one of you oblige?

Thanks, sKally

• Gizmo
    Gizmo
    This judgment is going to show Vicki who all her real friends are. The apostates and opposers have been rallying around her since this case started. I wonder if any of them will be willing to help her pay the legal costs? I doubt it very much.

Keep doubting Jerk.

Skally don't waste your time with these Morons, just get BUSY and write, write, write.....

Email OPRAH here's a link...... don't worry about privacy everything is kept confidential,

http://www.oprah.com/email/reach/email_reach_fromu.jhtml

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit