Will the GB ever humble themselves as Jesus admonished in Matt 20 20-28

by UnshackleTheChains 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

In his book crisis of conscience, Raymond Franz likened the Governing Body to the proverbial 'Iron fist in a velvet glove'. This would seem harsh if it weren't for the fact that there is ample proof that their policies and teachings have caused much pain amongst the friends. For example, many families have been torn apart through their shunning policy. Or not being allowed to question anything they have written without the fear of possibly facing a judicial.

So my question is this! With so much bad press and criticism against them today, do you think the GB will EVER humble themselves as Jesus admonishes his followers at Matthew 20: 20-28?

Or

will they continue their hard-line 'Iron fist in velvet glove' approach toward the friends.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

No. Yes.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Truth is not in them, neither is humility.

DD

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Will the GB ever humble themselves as Jesus admonished in Matt 20 20-28

No.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

YES! They are VERY humble! Many JWs told me that over the years after meeting them. My Mom met Samuel Herd and Ted Jaracz more than a decade ago at Morning Worship at Bethel just before they also went to the Annual Meeting. She said they are so humble. My late Dad met them too.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Humility involves recognising where you have been wrong. Even with all of the world authorities pointing out their errors in the handling of child abuse, the society has never admitted that they were wrong.

I sadly think that answers the question

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Lamallcool

Yes Ted Jaracz was a very humble man even in the face of satanic opposition!!

https://youtu.be/pdtPIR6Q_MA

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

How humble is anyone who has never said I'm sorry?

:0)

• smiddy
    smiddy

As VI said No & Yes , and as tepid ..says how humble is anyone who has never said I`m sorry ( in over 100 years of lording it over their flock ) with wrong prophecys ,wrong Holy Spirit directions ,wrong directions from the enthroned King Christ Jesus since 1914

I hate to think what Paradise is going to be like with an incompetent Jesus Christ as King and the 144000 JW`s as his King priests.

Holly Crap.

• LV101
    LV101

lamalcool - certainly they picked up some social skills somewhere and can be on stage/nice when meeting witnesses. They have to act with humility at times to insure their position/lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit