DID Your Parents take action when The Society Failed to do so?

by YoursChelbie 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

To any child who is an abuse survivor:

At some point, your abuser was made known to the elders in your local JW Congregation but

the "elders" did NOTHING to report the matter to local authorities.

-- How long after that did it take your parents to go to the authorities? IF they failed to do this, do you know why?

Have you forgiven them for not taking the needed measures quickly in order to protect you when you where a child?

Just some thoughts to ponder in light of the injustice surrounding the cases in the news recently.

YC

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My parent WAS the abuser. She damn well wasn't going to turn herself in. Help was nowhere.

• JenGill97
    JenGill97

No, they didn't. They were good little idiots.

I am now looking into standing up for myself and making his life miserable. It will make me feel better.

Jen

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The elders recommended they send me to live somewhere else "to protect me"

She listened and I lived in foster care for 3 years

It was never reported to the authorities. The foster home was a private arrangement and the foster parents were not JWs.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

My father (non-JW) found out about the abuse 4-1/2 years after the fact, and because of my df'ing.

Yes, he took steps to correct the situation, but not through the legal channels.

• pamkw
    pamkw

My mom is still married to him. And nothing ever was done. Today is there wedding anniversary. I think it's something like 35 years. The elders years later voided his baptizim (can't spell) because was molesting me when he got dunked. So he should not ever have been a jw. I don't know why they didn't df him, except they didn't want anyone to know what had happened so many years before. I guess they didn't want to look like the unfeeling jerks they are. I am just recently having trouble with this. My mom has begun trying to rewrite our family history to look like she has had a good marriage all these years. Also he (mother's husband) thinks he is better than my ex bil who beat up my sister on a regular basis for 16 years (after all he never hit my mom, abuses to children do not count). When he starts acting like he is so much better it is all I can do not to beat him senseless.The only plus is he is old and fat and losing his eyesight. And I for one do not feel the least bit sorry. Pam

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

(((Everyone)))

Lady Lee, you were sent to foster care? That is so typical of something the elders would "recommend." This would hardly solve anything since the criminal SOB would still be on the loose searching for yet another victim.

Was he ever brought to justice or is he still considered a JW in "good standing?"

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

When my child was sexually abused by a dub, the first thing I did was go to the authorities. When I reported the pedophile to welfare I knew there were procedures they would follow and the matter was out of the elders hands.

I then told an elder and he told his best friend elder. They visited me and warned me not to talk to anyone about it because they would manage the problem.

Well, when I saw that the pedo was not monitored and was always around other children, I knew the elders weren't doing what they should have been doing................ie: protecting the innocent.

So I took things into my own hands and started to warn some of the mothers! The elders couldn't shut me up, so they got 2 witnesses to quote me saying something (which I didn't). They formed a JC and DF'ed me..................they had to silence me. Besides they had to make me pay for going to the authorities before going to them. They were really angry about that!

My children, including the abused one, saw that I would do ANYTHING to protect them. I would never put the elders and the WTS rules on covering up sexual abuse..........'leave it to Jehovah', 'we know what we are doing', etc....................before protecting my children who I love so much. No religion could make what's wrong seem right!

My children are fine and know that I will always do everything possible to protect and support them!

Cheers, Bliss

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yours Chelbie

He was a "study" and my baptized grandmother and 3 uncles and my aunt were living with us.

He was initially caught abusing my aunt (my age - 12) and they recommended sending her to live with a non-JW family member. She committed suicide shortly after. Then he was caught abusing me and the again suggested sending the victim away and again kept it under wraps in the cong. He was later caught abusing my 5 yr old sister after which he disappeared. He was never baptized. After he disappeared my mother got baptized.

My mother knew he had a history of sexually abusing girls. He had abused his daughters from his first marriage and then she brough him into our family.

For the record - my mother was abused as a child and grew up to marry/common-law 3 men who all sexually abused children in their care. To believe a child abuser when he says he wont do it again is beyond ludicrous. This man then mved to the US where he got involved with a woman who had girls and they became foster parents to more girls.

Because he was never reported to the police he got away scot free only to find more victims.

• Vanant
    Vanant

My parents told the elders, but never informed the authorities. Afterwards, they pretended like the whole situation never happened.

I know it would've been really hard to go through the whole mess with a legal case and everything, but I guess the upside would've been access to therapy (if my parents hadn't been so mistrustful of worldly psychiatrists). Even now, I really don't know what I would've liked them to do, but I've still never forgiven them for how they acted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit