What was your Bible Study conductor like?

by Nosferatu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

When you were studying the bible Live Forever, Knoledge, or any other "study aid", what did you think of your bible study conductor? Was he/she weird? Did you continue to get along with them after you were baptized?

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

My study conductor was a little weird, and remains that way to this day. He was the CHEAPEST person I ever met, and would get on people's backs for being materialistic if they bought things. Even necessary things, like a new bed or desk. He finally stopped associating with me when I bought a new vehicle.

Walter

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Mine was a handsome man that had regular sex with my mother. I was never baptised but dad kept associating with me.

• sens
    sens

I studied with a french couple, really nice people...they are the only ones i miss since leaving...he was a elder...but has since stepped down after the program here on tv. about the wts and abuse victims.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I had several study conductors through the 13 years I was being "encouraged". The weirdest one was this dork with a flat head. His head seriously looked like a flat tire. Anyway, brother Flat-Tire-Head is the one who told me to toss all my Led Zeppelin albums. I think brother Flat-Tire was just jealous because he listened to "Relaxing Symphonies" in his Honda Civic, which I've never seen with a flat tire.

This was the point where I quit trying to make friends at the KH, and brother Flat-Tire was just another enemy that my mother got to study with me. I got my sweet revenge on him when I drove to the meeting while he waited outside to pick me up.

I saw the guy at my part-time job about a year ago. His head is still flat, he's still a JW, and he didn't recognize me, as many other people no longer recognize me. The place was filled with JWs, and NOT ONE noticed I was there.

• shamus
    shamus

Ha ha! Nice topic, Noferatsu!

Mine were pretty weird...

One was an obese man, due to a genetic condition, I believe, who was an elder and reg. pioneer with his wifey. (no, he was not a glutton or anything like that). He had very stringent beliefs and he hated me later, b/c I would watch the simpsons, and other horribly worldly shows. We never got along after that, and I could care less.

Another guy was WEIRD. He was an MS and told me of his problem with mastrubation. He was married and was a typical headship kind of guy... a total dork really. I never talked to him after he went to bethel... and I believe that he hates me too. He would also always joke around about farting and how it sounded "wet"... bleah. What a homo-goof.

The cool people to study with I never got. There were cool people, but I always got assigned the nerds. I loved it at first, then wanted it over with later. It was too time consuming.

Shamus.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Hey Walter!

Which cheap person was it? there are a few that come to mind.

Chilibecki is/was EXTREMELY thrifty and boring too, he should have been an accountant. (smirking - looking around for Expat)

I had two guys study with me as a 'fatherless boy' in the congregation. One was an older guy; very nice, good and decent man. He died a few years back. The other was a young Ministerial Servant, Roy Stead. Not hugely into the Truth but very much into his window washing business (hi-rises) and weight lifting. He also had an extremely HOT (as in smokin) wife. I think she kept my interest more than the study did. ;) She looked 21 and was in great shape in after having 3 kids.

In view of this thread, I'd hate to think of how any of my studies would describe me!

• integ
    integ

gay

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Uzzah!

It was W. Wilkinson. He got upset when I bought a desk, and also when I bought a bed after the frame on my old bed broke. (it was REALLY old - it was my grandmothers) He figured I should be content to just use a mattress on the floor.

He thought I was being materialistic.

Chilibecki? I heard a rumor once that someone punched him out! Wish I was there!!!

I only had one person I studdied with go to the point of baptism, but I'm pretty sure he was only interested in a sis who lived in Sault. Ste. Marie. He went there immediately after baptism, and I never heard from him again. Maybe he left the org too!

• jwbot
    jwbot

The bookstudies were always at my house...which made it SO difficult to fake sick!

First one: Attractive young man, when I was really young, I was really good friends with a girl who lived accross the street. And she was the only "worldly" person I could associate with. Her mother was an alcoholic, and her step father was abusive. My parents being the caring people that I know they are deep inside, would let Nicole (my friend) spend the night all the time. She naturally, came to meetings with me. She developed a crush on the bookstudy conductor. Bill was his name. He was a very nice man. He would always talk to us, and never talk down to us like other men did. His wife was wonderful too. They were a fun couple, and seemed to be down to earth and more liberal bunch.

Second one: Murray Mayo. Old as dirt. Very very very sweet man, but considering his age, he was definitely the conservative type. I think he was BORN in elder-way back in the 1700's. hehe. Him and his wife never had children, but he sure seemed to think he knew a lot about raising kids. He would always try to give my older sister dating advice, and he would try to set the young sisters up...but he considered talking on the phone to be dating to. Bless his heart. I miss him. He was sort of anti-semetic though...I didnt care for that. But he was one of those old-timers that was in jail for being a witness way back in the 30's or 40's.

Third one: My father. I love my dad, so I may be biased. I was weary of elders with the exception of a few, and I really thought (and still think) that if all the elders were like my father, then the organization wouldn't be all that bad. He is a hard worker and is a down to earth person that still knows what fun it. I think the congregation I was in was a friendly one that allowed more flexability when it came to allowing people to be more human and themselves (within certian limitations of course). My dad was an interesting conductor...sometimes he would go off on a tangeant and it was funny, he didnt say anything too odd...but the poor guy thought he was a comedian, so he would say things that he thought was so hilarious..and we would all laugh because it was actually quite stupid.

Forth one: My father needed a break due to sickness and stress, so his best friend, another man his age did the study. This guy is also a good man. One of the only elders that truly took an interest in my well being. I have no ill-will towards this guy either. He also thought he was a comedian like my dad...again, people laughed because he said silly things. We always had light-hearted book studies and these people actually made them enjoyable. WOW, I actually had GOOD things to say. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit