Symposium Talk : Watchtower Society show their appreciation for the Buettell's

by RULES & REGULATIONS 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

https://youtu.be/XcGYp-H60Xk?si=tvOjbXouLdf9JXWp

Governing Body member Samuel Herd gives a Symposium Talk: Love For Jehovah in Modern Times at the 2023 Annual Meeting of Jehovah's Witnesses.

At the 11 minute mark of the Symposium, we meet (100 year old) brother David Buettell and his ( 98 year old wife) Phylis. They started Special Pioneering in 1961. They worked part time and went out in ''field service'' 5 hours a day, everyday.

How does the Watchtower Society show their appreciation for the Buettell's 62 years of ''faithful service''? Do they receive free medical care, free housing, a time share in Hawaii?

Here is Samuel Herd's gift to the Buettell's:'' What a good start on living forever.''

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Poor old couple 😢; they should still be young, in "The New System", according to what the Watchtower was telling them when they started pioneering.

Great gift for all those years of service, Sam! 🙄

• DNCall
    DNCall

I knew the Buettells in the 1970s. They were lovely people and still are. I don’t think they feel cheated. I believe they are happy with how they’ve lived their lives.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

That Herd fuc@er is still around?

Him and Lett can kiss my pale white ass, they caused me alot of trouble personally.

Snakes

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yes these blokes will continue to be around,,,and requesting and basking in the limelight that they feel they desire.

• DisgruntledFool
    DisgruntledFool

Alan Flowers is one of the top three people I ever came across when I was a Bethelite that I carry utter contempt for to this day. There are not enough adjectives to describe what a boot licking, arrogant, self righteous, smug, sniveling company man that he was. And his wife is a carbon copy. She had an eye for the young brothers and I often thought that if given an 'opportunity' she would leave her husband in a heartbeat for a real man.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

this "symposium" thing

here in the UK nobody i knew had any idea what it meant--so it became the thing for the public talk to be divided up between several speakers.

I'm sure the other UK members here will have heard this old one from back then---speaker #3 had fallen asleep when his turn came--so wife gives him an elbow in his ribs--he jerks awake--jumps up and delivers a closing prayer.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Not sure where to post this, but here it is.

It's Monday!!! Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIk_gXMWIqM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit