Watchtower Officials Spill The Beans!

by Voyager 28 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• shamus
    shamus

Good article! Nice to see their hypocrisy in action.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

This is my favourite exerpt:

Highlights, Italics, Underlining and spelling errors are mine !

Senator SCHACHT--In any of the testaments, did Christ himself use the phrase, 'to abstain from blood'?

Mr MacLean--Not specifically, no but he quoted God's law continually hundreds of times including various parts of the law of God which contain this very prominently in it.

Senator SCHACHT--Which law of God is that?

Mr MacLean--That is the old Hebrew law that was given to the Hebrew Jews of which Jesus was, of course, a Jew himself. He was familar with the laws.

Senator SCHACHT--He was Jewish, of course. He was born a Jew. Back to the Old Testament and the Hebrew view, we should have asked this question when we had the Jewish people before us here before lunch. As far as I am aware, I do not think they ban blood transfusions.

Mr MacLean--No.

Senator SCHACHT--If it was an old Hebrew law, one would have thought it would have had standing in Jewish practice and theology.

Mr MacLean--We would agree. We wonder why.

Priceless !

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

Senator HARRADINE?Do you see the benefit in the ecumenical movement amongst

Christians to finally become totally united or not?

Mr MacLean?We do not think that will be of benefit because, from our viewpoint, so

many of those that are involved in that type of thing are not particularly involved in the Bible teaching.

No S*#`

Great reading, one voice, one 'mind', I can almost see my parents using the blood issue with me right now. My favs were this one and the Jewish-Blood laws. CLASSIC!

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Mr. KIM

• joenobody
    joenobody

Yeesh... what embarrassing arguments they came to the table with such as why JWs make better adoptive parents (they don't participate in dangerous sports).

The simple reasoning on the blood issue was brilliant esp. the comments re: the Jews view on blood.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW
    Mr Toole?..... In many ways we are pretty normal......

Read between that line

• waiting
    waiting
    illustration about a doctor telling a patient to abstain from alcohol. So, that means don't take it orally or intravenously.

This argument is so stupid that I can't believe they even bother with it. Argument by analogy is invalid. It is a logical fallacy. Notice what happens in this case: The doctor tells you to abstain from red meat. Does this mean you cannot have a kidney transplant? - running man

Very good. Thanks - hadn't thought about that.....since we all know that organ transplants (with the blood these live organs possess in order to be alive) are allowable to all jw's.

You would have to be a complete idiot to make that assumption.

Well, there ya go. waiting

• AlanB
    AlanB
    I wonder how the government of AUS would feel now that the WTS said in print that everyone could vote if their conscience allowed it? That would be a 180 position from their 1999 statements:

Have they !!!!! when was that? Where is that?!!!

Difficult to keep up with all these changes?

• Room 215
    Room 215

The ``voting is now a matter of conscience" item is in one of the two November 1999 Watchtowers, I think in QFR.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit