Faith beyond beliefs

by Narkissos 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rem
    rem

Faith, or belief, in myself.

rem

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

After being cast out of the JWs 23 years ago, I continued believing in the vengeful Jehovah for a very long time.

Some years later, a wise friend (since passed away) told me: "If your God isn't giving you every opportunity to live your life happy, joyous, and free.....fire him and get another one."

I am currently holding interviews.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    what would you now retain from Christianity, or the Bible, or "God"?

The one thing I have retained is a direction. A direction found in words attributed to Jesus (though they are not original to him....if he even existed) "The Kingdom (read Truth) is within". It's no longer about "faith" or "beliefs". Except in seeing clearly that "faith" and "beliefs" are simply mind generated concepts and ideas, inclined to change and act like a cloud over ones eyes. It's about discovering unchanging Truth. Truth alive and present, here now within the most intimate realms of Being -- equally available everywhere and everywhen if there is but attention and openness to see. It's simply about clearly perceiving what is a mind generated story and what is Real, and realizing your true identity as the Truth -- not the story. j

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

I've not found precepts in Christianity that seem unique compared to other religions. "Thou Shalt Not Kill"...duh. The "Golden Rule" is pretty common - see this list: http://www.fragrant.demon.co.uk/golden.html

I don't retain anything just because it's in the Bible. If I find myself in a nomadic society with no modern technology, at least I'll know to avoid pork.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit