Destruction of false religion, never!

by pleaseresearch 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

This was always something I had trouble believing as I was growing up. Now i'm in my 30's I can see this will never happen. Even if the UN the NWO whoever forces a global ban on religion. It will still go on in private by all religions. But the big one that would never accept this, are Muslims.

I'm sure a lot deep down would love the idea of the shackles taken off them. I in fact feel more sorry for them than us ex JW's They have a much harder time to leave and even lose their lives.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm sure a lot deep down would love the idea of the shackles taken off them. I in fact feel more sorry for them than us ex JW's They have a much harder time to leave and even lose their lives.

I agree that religion is not going away any time soon. And it shouldn't. Many religious organizations exercise a great deal of functions in society, as it should.

The WT is a high demand controlling cult. There are many other around, and in the scale of difficulty and severity of consequences around leaving, the WT is not as horrible as others. That doesn't minimize the damage they create in people's lives (nor the emotional scars that they have created in the children that were sexually abused in their crop). But yes, some other cults kill people or torture them physically or emotionally. That's well documented.

There's not such thing as "false" religion. That's made up nonsense by organizations like the WT in a lame attack to other people's faiths, which is an extremely disrespectful thing to do.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ pleaseresearch...

Pshh.

The UN doesn't even have the ability to defend religious freedoms (an integral component of its charter, I might add), let alone marshal a planet-wide campaign to suppress them. :smirk:

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

A planetary push against all religion would seem to first require a significant change in the present world order. The western world has been 'running' things for some time. And institutionalized Christianity is embedded in the framework of the western world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciW4jihI-R4

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Is John McCain right about civilization unraveling?"

Well, considering the dominance of white, homophobic, mysogynistic, conservative Christian culture is dying...

...from his POV, yeah, "civilization" is unraveling.

You'll excuse me if I don't express a whole ton of sympathy.

• prologos
    prologos

wt arrived at the destruction of babylon the great via a very convoluted route, all from the book of the apocalypse. seventh world power, seventh, eighth kings, ten kings, The league of nations---. even if there is an empire of false religion, what secular power would do it, China?

Religion is so useful for the rulers, makes citizens docile, warriors fearless and fanatical, give me more!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hey prologos!

I agree that much of the WT's idea is based on some convoluted eisegesis. But many of the comments, that something like this can't happen, are based on the world continuing to be the world we are familiar with. I linked to the McCain video just to show that many see indications of a sea change in the way the world is presently ordered.

IMO, no single power (even one as powerful as the US, Russia or China) could accomplish such a thing. It would require at least two things: (1) Some form of unity among the major powers, and (2) some compelling reason, such as the unified powers seeing religion as a threat to their continued existence.

I agree that until those conditions are met, religion will continue to have some use to political governments.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Good catch on that TYT video Bobcat.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Thanks VI

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The supposed end of false religion is just another "Fictional" mythical teaching in the bible, where the true worshipers of God will come out as the victors.

Mix in some fear, superstition with human ignorance and you have the workings of organized religion like the Jehovah's Witness, unfortunately this too is inherently false in reality. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit