Leading Cardinal Says Pope in'Last Days'

by Adam 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Adam
    Adam

"Last days?" Poor bastard is gonna live forever I guess. I wonder if someone told him that his death is "coming soon" or that "some people here will live to see my kingdom his death." Dud's gotta long wait.

http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/V/VATICAN_POPE?SITE=NYMID&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

• rocketman
    rocketman

The old dude's been in his 'last days' for quite a while now.

• sens
    sens

Yer I heard this...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

John Paul the 2nd is a good man though -- not like the WTBTS would say about him

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

I'm not Catholic, but for some reason I've always had a lot of respect for the Pope, not for the Church so much, maybe the obligation the Pope carries for all his followers. It's a tough job and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I heard the Pope speak the summer before he was shot. Any man who can forgive the man who shot him and meet with him in his jail cell has my respect.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The man's been dead for years, I think, but the Weekend at Bernie's thing is getting a little tiresome for the guys operating him. LOL

Seriously though, the poor guy has parkinson's and can barely even talk. It's a shame he can't live out his last days on earth relaxing, instead of working.

Pope's can retire, right? Or is it usually until death?

ash

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

I heard on the news he is only 83. I thought he was much older - he looks mid-nineties at least.

• Zoewrex
    Zoewrex

From http://www.zpub.com/un/pope/ Pope John Paul II (1920- ) is said to be the most recognized person in the world. He is the most traveled Pope in the 2,000 year history of the Church and speaks eight languages. Born Karol Joseph Wojtyla (pronounced Voy-tee-wah) in Wadowice, Poland on May 18, 1920

He's held this position since 1978!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I know I'm probably going to open a can of worms by saying this (or kill the thread), but my opinion of the Pope remains one of great suspicion and skepticism.

Here is a man who tried to sweep the pedophilia scandal under the carpet by allowing his minions to claim that pedophilia is directly connected to homosexuality, much as the JWs do. By allowing this myth to perpetuate, the Pontiff clearly demonstrated that he was more concerned with getting the Church out of the limelight and shifting the blame to the gay community. He has earned my utter disregard for that ploy.

His church hears confessions, but refuses to make them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit