Wedding Present: The Family Happiness book

by Nosferatu 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

My mother told me that after I get married, she's going to give me the "Family Happiness" book. I've never read the thing, but I know it's a WTS publication that often gets given or mailed out to newlyweds who aren't in the troof. What's your opinion of this "fine christian publication"?

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

I'm a never been JW. I read this book. Every non JW should read it because it sure vaccinates you against you ever becoming a JW. Lots of emphasis on headship, wifely subjugation, letting the elders/Watchtower tell you what to do.

It is a "must read" for any woman involved with a JW guy. Is this the life she wants?

• Scully
    Scully

How cheap generous of your mom.

Tell her you'll probably get more use out of something like a microwave or a blender. At least you can return those to the store if you don't like them and exchange it for something else.

Love, Scully

• bebu
    bebu

Scully, you are so right. LOL.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The book is a filthy, disgusting tribute to male dominance and women's subjugation. A "must read" for any woman thinking of marrying into the faith, or any human being with a bit of empathy.

CG

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Perfect for mopping up with after an expertly timed contraceptive application of marital coitus interuptus.

Expatbrit

• yxl1
    yxl1

I found the book quite offensive. I'd give it back.

• jwbot
    jwbot

"Perfect for mopping up with after an expertly timed contraceptive application of marital coitus interuptus."

LOL

I have to agree. Any egalitarian person with any shred of ethics would find the book a disgusting display of a patriarchal religion. I had a hard time sitting through the book studies when this book was being read...It made me reall depressed to be a woman.

• dorkycrass
    dorkycrass

Find it out for yourself. You'll get a one-sided review from this end

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Country Girl Tell us how you really feel !

LOL at exparbrit

My suggestion. Use it as a bed foot leveller, so you don't have any reason to interruptus the coitus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit