Is this New Light coming or just some crackpot?

by pistolpete 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

This experience was posted about a year ago. It seems like a crackpot CO was giving his prediction of what "Might possibly happen in the future"

Now it seems like he wasn't such a crackpot after all.

So my brother got a call from one of his elder buddies living somewhere in the Western part of the Country. This elder is very well off and all the CO s usually stay at his home when they visit, probably because he gives them a couple of thousand dollars in an envelope after their visit.

But what I found interesting is what a CO told this elder. Now just to put this upfront, the CO made a disclaimer that the Governing Body “Did Not Say This” ------BUT-----there may be “Reasons” to believe this is possible in the near future.

The CO said something along these lines;

You know brother; the fact is that we are living in “The Last Page” of this system of things. There is no way this world can continue much longer.

Brother, the preaching work is DONE!

The reason Jehovah has allowed the virus to stop the preaching work temporally is so we can focus on our family.

The only thing we are doing now is helping our own family to stay in the truth and not get destroyed during the Great Tribulation. We need to focus on getting our children baptized and dedicated to Jehovah before it's too late.

What many of us don’t realize is that Jehovah is starting to make last minute changes on what kind of steps the organization needs to make in order to assure the survival of all the faithful ones that are obedient to every word coming from Jehovah’s mouth.

What many fail to see, is that God’s Words shows us that not all of Jehovah’s witnesses will survive Jehovah’s Judgment of this world and it practices. For example, what does the Bible show us with regard to how many of God’s people made it into the promise land? Only Joshua, Caleb, and the Levites made it into the promise land, the rest were killed off by either divine judgment or old age. What happen to Lot’s wife even though she was part of the family that worshiped Jehovah? She became a pillar of Salt. What happened to the Nation of Israelites who carried Jehovah’s Name. They suffered destruction by the Babylonians and Romans and now they are completely abandon by Jehovah.

How many of the 8 million Jws do you think are actually going to survived? Do you think any JW that is looking at apostate sites is going to be allowed into the paradise by Jehovah? I guarantee you that Jehovah does not put up with Secret Disgusting Sins. You know the scripture, "One cannot partake of the table of Jehovah and the table of Demons.

Know this brother, a large number of Jws will probably not make it into the New Order because of secret sins. Don’t be surprised if it more than Half of the members just won’t make it!

Now at this point I stopped my brother and was like WTF. This type of thinking is completely WACKED. Imagine if the members that had given up everything for most of their life had heard this CO say these things.

Then he started telling the elder this scenario that “Might Happen” in the future.

Brother, “What If” the Governing Body tells us that the Generation Jesus was speaking about in reference to the last day – Started when Jesus died and went to heaven to sit at God’s Right Hand. Think about it. That was when Jesus in a limited way started ruling as King from heaven. True that He had to wait “For a little while until God put his enemies under his feet by means of the preaching work.” But in reality that is when Jesus started ruling. And the Generation that Jesus was talking about was not a “Human Generation, but instead was a GENERATION OF THE WICKED SYSTEM OF THINGS” This Generation is a little over 2000 years old brother, it can't go on much longer.

I wanted to add, that this explanation would end the 1914 last days doctrine.

Then the CO starts asking the elder;

Will you be faithful if the Governing body decides to have most of the meetings on Zoom? Will you be faithful if a new arrangement came out that only specified Sunday meetings in a large Kingdom Hall and the rest of the meetings and conventions could be access through Zoom------with only a small fee.

Now think about this brother, what is more loving on the part of the Governing Body, to have the brothers who are suffering financially because of the pandemic travel far to conventions? Or to avoid all that travel and cost by just paying a small fee-say perhaps of $300, to watch it on video or Zoom?

And also brother, what if all you had to do is report that you preached for the month and not worry about writing how many hours you made? Wouldn’t that be great.

What if the Governing Body got rid of most of the Circuit Overseers and asked the brothers who were financially able, to care for these brothers and their wives. What would a faithful brother who wanted to please Jehovah do? Brother If my wife and I had no place to live, would you let us starve or freeze to death?

Of course the elder said NO!

Now at this point my brother asked the elder what he thought about all this? ;” The elder told my brother; “You know, it makes sense!”

Like I said at the beginning, the CO made a disclaimer that the Governing Body has not said this will happen.

I’m not sure what all this was to be honest. Perhaps the CO has heard some things and is worried he is going to lose his position. Or perhaps the CO is just a crackpot.

But nothing surprises me anymore. When an organization convinces all its members that an Overlapping generation is the same thing as One generation, I don’t put nothing past them anymore. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few years will bring.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/kiwco5/is_this_new_light_coming_or_just_some_crackpot/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Everlasting life can be yours too if you subscribe to the JW.Org streaming service...for a "small fee".

Is this where the bankrupt publishing company that Charles Taze Russell started over 100 years ago is going? It sure seems that way.

Nice post, PistolPete.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    Brother, the preaching work is DONE!
    The reason Jehovah has allowed the virus to stop the preaching work temporally is so we can focus on our family.

So Jehovah has completed the preaching work without any preaching at all in China, North Korea, Singapore, Saudi Arabia....

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

So Jehovah has completed the preaching work without any preaching at all in China, North Korea, Singapore, Saudi Arabia

You know how they are------a generation can be an Overlapping Generation----and it makes sense to the members.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

Here's what I think:

If the CO really said these things, he's goofier than a froot loop.

If I had a nickel for every nitwitted story rife with speculations about "no really, now we're in the last part of the last days" from some frooty JW I'd be able to buy, I dunno, Australia, and still be richer than Jeff Bezos & Bill Gates combined.

I.e., this is just some combination of desperate wishing for "the end to come" and a pathetic need to be viewed as having "special insight" and thus worthy of praise & honor.

To answer your specific question: crackpot.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

True or not true, these culties always come up with some nonsense to justify being in the cult. They make it all about the cult and for the cult, so the inmates remain like nervous sheep in the sheep pen.

There's money to be had in it, I'll grant them that.

Being a JW MAKES you talk crap.

Typical cult balderdash.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Brother, “What If” the Governing Body tells us.....................

WHAT IF being the key words in this whole diatribe.

Sounds to me what a bunch of Macallan sipping CO's (and Elder "heavies") might sit around a speculate. Similarly I recall a couple of pompous ass elders sitting around speculating that 120 years (just like Noah's Day) was the real time line for Armageddon, thus taking us to 2034. They were pretty open about thinking they were just as smart and studied as the GB. (And I'm not saying they were wrong. Just saying.)

You can be sure whatever happens, there will be a resounding call for MORE MONEY!

Some things never change.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Any CO at the time before 1975 was totally convinced without a shred of doubt that end was coming!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I wanted to add, that this explanation would end the 1914 last days doctrine.

If he got up and gave that explanation for a generation in a public talk. He would, very quickly, find himself in front of a judicial committee facing accusations of apostasy.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    There's a difference?

Sounds to me what a bunch of Macallan sipping CO's (and Elder "heavies") might sit around a speculate.

I have heard similar speculations from those "in charge". I can totally see some spouting this kind of unbiblical nonsense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit