Brussels Central station was evacuated Tuesday amid reports of an explosion and at least one man shot who shouted "Allahu Akbar,"

by freemindfade 24 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

It looks like these attacks in Europe are going from weekly, to daily, it literally gives me chills to think about traveling to Europe with my family. That is very unfortunate.

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Still one of the safest places worldwide.

A lot of joy for your trip. Don't miss Switzerland

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Not going at the moment but would like to, I have been myself several times before it was a caliphate, but not with the family. I would love for my daughter to see the Europe I loved so much.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Also if Islam has anything to do with it (at this rate) the claim of "one of safest places" is not going to lost.

Time to follow the standard game plan

1. condemn
    2. pray
    3. lash out at critics of Islam
    4. don't do jack $hit
    5. repeat tomorrow
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The more we see Muslim extremists carry out these attacks the more we are going to see a retalliation from people who are getting fed up with Muslim apologists denying it has anything to do with the Muslim/Islam religion. and are going for a tit for tat strategy.

You attack us ? on our home ground then we will attack you on your home ground.

Its not rocket science its just human nature.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    The more we see Muslim extremists carry out these attacks the more we are going to see a retalliation from people who are getting fed up with Muslim apologists denying it has anything to do with the Muslim/Islam religion. and are going for a tit for tat strategy.
    You attack us ? on our home ground then we will attack you on your home ground.
    Its not rocket science its just human nature.

smiddy there is no justification for terrorism whether it is from you or from them

and please don't call attacking others human nature - it comes from sustained reflection on hatred

• smiddy
    smiddy

Ruby456

I just dont understand where your coming from ,I dont condone terrorism in any form

.it comes from sustained reflection on hatred........ WTF does that even mean ?

Do you believe Muslims have a right to commit these atrcocities against civillians in the western world in the first place ?

None of the coalition of nations fighting the ISIS/Taliban scourge have ever gone out with the intention of targeting Muslim civillians and committing atrocities against them anywhere in the world and certainly not Islam/Muslim nations.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I thought I'd been to this station but I mixed it up with Bruxelles Midi which is (confusingly - for me) Brussels South. I love train stations. Brussels South (like Brussels generally) is a bit run down and old fashioned. It has a low roof a bit like a cave, but it has its own character. In the last few years police with guns have been visible at all times. So I'm not surprised the man got shot pretty quickly.

Antwerp on the other hand is a beautiful station, maybe one of the best. Don't see so many police there. I wouldn't hesitate to visit anywhere in Europe. You're far more likely to get hurt crossing the road. So be careful in the traffic and forget about the extremists.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

don't call attacking others human nature - it comes from sustained reflection on hatred - and hatred is part of human nature.

My guess is that attacking others, especially those from outside the attacker's group, is also a part of human nature.

It's likely been going on for hundreds of thousands of years.

Other animals do it, too. Wanna know which animals are responsible for the majority of wolf mortalities? That's right, it's other wolves - wolves from a different pack.

Smiddy is not advocating revenge attacks.

He's just describing them as a part of human nature. And he's right.

In the recent anti-Muslim attack, the imam demanded that Muslims don't attack the terrorist but pin him down instead, so that he could be arrested.

The Muslims leaving the mosque were right to be angry - a lunatic had just deliberately driven a van into Muslims outside a mosque, killing one and injuring several. That's outrageous, wicked, a very serious crime. And it is human nature to retaliate and feel suspicious of everyone who looks like the attacker - whether the PC crowd ever accept these awkward facts is another matter.

Of course, we should rise above our base instincts like that imam did.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

I read smiddy as advocating revenge attacks and what he ways can be taken like that as if human nature is something like input leads naturally to output. Terrorism is more like "rocket science" - it is planned and well thought out.

there is a lot of racist hatred on the internet and most of it is based on simplistic input output revenge attack type hotheaddness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit