what is the ontlogical trinity

by piledriver 120 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty
    vander - So you are a polytheist. How pagan!
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The trinity is gibberish

Wait a minute ... that's exactly what JWs say!

You're not going back, are you Cofty?

• cofty
    cofty
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Even a broken clock is right twice a day

I'm gonna remember that one.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

LoveUniHateExamsa minute agoThe trinity is gibberish
    Wait a minute ... that's exactly what JWs say!
    You're not going back, are you Cofty?

I don't think Cofty said the trinity was gibberish

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty, The reason I said in another post the opposite of love is knowledge, is because it has been evident to me that knowledge is often very unloving.

May I ask why Ucant needs to use words to state the basic tenet of his faith to you?

Why is someone saying "I know" to a question on faith, not a good enough answer for you?

The Rebel

• cofty
    cofty
    May I ask why Ucant needs to use words to state the basic tenet of his faith to you?

He doesn't. He can't.

Why is someone saying "I know" to a question on faith, not a good enough answer for you?

Because it is a non-answer.

The entire christian religion that is espoused by one third of the world's population rests on the assertion that Jesus was god.

However Jesus also had a god, "the god and father of our lord Jesus christ".

Christianity tried to escape the crime of polytheism with a slight of hand they call the trinity.

There is not a christian on the face of the earth who can explain the trinity in their own words without contradicting themselves or stating a heresy.

I will not apologise for pointing this out anymore than I would apologise for pointing out the internal contradictions in the religion of the JWs

The challenge still stands.

• cofty
    cofty
    Imagine you are talking to somebody who knows nothing about your religion. Please explain the trinity succinctly in your own words, avoiding theological terms, and please illustrate what the trinity is using an everyday example we can relate to.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    nah i'll pass cofty
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Cofty I appreciate you pointing out your comments and beliefs. In fact I agree with them.

However where we differ, is that in my opinion on a question of faith " I know" is not a non answer. I believe it is ASSUMPTIVE to assume all questions can be answered by words.

have a nice evening.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit