276,483 years from now.....

by SanFranciscoJim 42 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that they will live "forever" on Paradise Earth.

Let's say the year is 278,486 (assuming Armageddon occurred in 2003). The Millenium has passed, everyone has been resurrected, and Earth has become the true paradise the JWs predicted.

Only one problem: You've done everything there is to do. You've gone every place on earth there is to go. You've met every other person on earth there is to meet. You've been alive for almost three hundred thousand years, and death is no more. You cannot die!

What will be your mental state?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

It'd be okay if you could have multiple sex partners or do drugs. BUT since that is a "no, no", I think anyone would be bored out of their minds. This often bothered me as a dub.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I'll be studying all those insect species.

• blaid
    blaid

but rocket man, remember, 300k years almost. the insect thing could last what..1000 years at most..if your lucky!!

lol, I would go probably and kick as many old phophets asses as possible. Mosses? BASEBALL BAT TO THE HEAD !!! *starts beating moses down*

• dorkycrass
    dorkycrass

I would build myself a spaceship and circumnavigate the whole universe.

Since it would take 100,000 lightyears to cross the milky way. But of course, I can't travel that fast, maybe the fastest I can do is twice the speed of sound, so that would take much longer. And there are billions of galaxies in the universe.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    You've done everything there is to do. You've gone every place on earth there is to go. You've met every other person on earth there is to meet. You've been alive for almost three hundred thousand years, and death is no more. You cannot die!

In other words, the JWs "Paradise Erf" is actually hell.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess everyone would be doing their doctorial thesis on each individual grain of sand.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    What will be your mental state?

I'd like to find out.

Personally, I'd probably just live my little life.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Long before this date, controlled amnesia will have been raised to a high art, so that everybody can have a clean slate as often as they need it.

I'm much more worried about the exhaustion of non-renewable resources in a world where eternal life is a fact.

GentlyFeral

• Valis
    Valis

Going to meetings 3 times a week for eternity? Just shoot me now!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit