Jalessa Castillo, a Jehovah Witness Pioneer, who joined The Orlando Times Team, maintains a 3.75 Grade Point Average at Valencia College.

by no password 26 Replies latest social current

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I'm frankly puzzled. The article she wrote for the Orlando Times would have called for a visit to the back room in my congregation. Are they that lenient in that area, or is she already beginning a drift away from the Organization?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Ok my bad if she is a pioneer she is baptised.I just cant get my head around how she is getting away with what she is doing when other R&F witnesses are hauled over the coals for far less infringements of the societys rules and regulations.?

• millie210
    millie210

Is the college she attends a community college? Some places they call it Junior college?

In my area, JW kids can go to the community college without repercussions but NOT university.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Is the college she attends a community college? Some places they call it Junior college?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valencia_College

Valencia College is a public state college in Orlando, Florida, United States. In 2011, it was named the top community college in the United States by the Aspen Institute.

The college was founded in 1967 as "Valencia Junior College," taking the name "Valencia Community College" in 1971. In December 2010, Valencia's Board of Trustees voted to change the name to "Valencia College," because the academic scope of the school had expanded to include bachelor's degrees. Valencia has several campus locations in Orlando with additional campus locations in Winter Park and Kissimmee.

http://valenciacollege.edu/aboutus/facts.cfm

Valencia was named the best community college in the nation as the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Well I am going to look at this young Lady as a glass half full.

1. She loves to do research........... that will help her have one foot out the door very quickly.

2. However what J.W. would even open the paper to check the Church Partnership section?

Of course if family is bragging on her she will get a talking to. That may be an eye opener.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

pioneering doesn't carry the same significance and potential for criticism by elders as other appointments like MS and elder. It never has - I think we are treating it as if it has the same significance as other appointments.

even going back 20 yrs pioneers have gone out and got their degree if they've wanted to - i mean there are examples. the excuse has been that they want to get jobs that mean devoting less hours to secular work or that secular work be more flexible. while from the elders' standpoint the main criterion has been that they get their time in.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Is it me, or does it seem that Black JW's are given a pass when it comes to so-called worldly pursuits?

Perhaps a good PR move on WT's part?

Smooth ...

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit