Worshiping a piece of stone

by FedUpJW 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

Its written in the Stone !

https://youtu.be/yauH0SX5KVE?t=41

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Nathan, many faiths perform pilgrimages. Jews go to wailing wall in Jerusalem. Catholics go all over the world. Hindus go to the Ganges (or some river). Mormons go to the salt lake temple. Jews-observant traditionally pray in the direction of Jerusalem. Christian churches used to have a particular orientation to the east-related to resurrection. With exception of the Ganges-im unfamiliar with details of Hinduism, I dont believe the place or direction is the object of worship. Muslims pray to god. They do not believe god is living in a rock or building in mecca. Having been to makkah, mecca. . .I can assure you muslims are not under the impression that god is that place. Its just a ritual with symbolism, but faith is in a god without a body of flesh or stone. A Muslims righteousness is not judged by the direction in which they pray.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

What is this "kabbah" mentioned earlier? I tried googling it, but the only results I got pertained to it being part of various people's names. Nobody important, either. Just a surname. Not the name of a place or an object.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The saying goes, "by the black stone steel itself is sharpened." I have learned a bit more by sharing in this discussion, and I am happy to share what I've learned.

Here is a bit of what Wikipedia has to say about The Kaaba (I spelled the transliteration incorrectly earlier):

"The Kaaba (Arabic: the Cube"), is a building at the center of Islam's most sacred mosque, Al-Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, al-Hejaz, Saudi Arabia. It is the most sacred Muslim site in the world. It is considered the "House of Allah" and has a similar role to the Tabernacle and Holy of Holies in Judaism. Wherever they are in the world, Muslims are expected to face the Kaaba when performing prayer. From any point in the world, the direction facing the Kaaba is called the qibla. The sanctuary around the Kaaba is called Al-Masjid al-Haram (Sacred Mosque). One of the Five Pillars of Islam requires every Muslim who is able to do so to perform the hajj pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime. Multiple parts of the hajj require pilgrims to make tawaf, the circumambulation seven times around the Kaaba in a counter-clockwise direction...

The Black Stone (or Hajarul Aswad) is the eastern cornerstone of the Kaaba, the ancient stone building located in the center of the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Saudi Arabia. It is revered by Muslims as an Islamic relic which, according to Muslim tradition, dates back to the time of Adam and Eve."

Millions of Muslims and their apologistss will tell you the Kaaba is not worshipped.

Above, a bunch of people "not worshipping."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit