Could this be a subtle start???

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 9 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Jehovah's Witnesses close their places of worship in the Henares Corridor for fear of the coronavirus

https://okdiario.com/salud/testigos-jehova-cierran-sus-locales-culto-corredor-del-henares-temor-coronavirus-5257280

In a nutshell: "CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAK

Jehovah's Witnesses close their places of worship in the Henares Corridor for fear of the coronavirus  (photo: Jehovah's Witness Meeting in Palma, where more than 3,000 faithful were concentrated. (Ep)  OK DAILY03/05/2020 16:41

Jehovah's Witnesses have agreed to close their places of worship in the Corredor del Henares and its Congress Hall, located in the Madrid town of Ajalvir, as a preventive measure against the spread of coronavirus.

In a statement, the group reports that they have proceeded to close their places of worship in Torrejón de Ardoz, Alcalá de Henares, Ajalvir, Algete, Coslada and San Fernando.

The measures will affect a total of 28 congregations and some 2,100 faithful from these locations. They will also keep their Kingdom Hall closed in front of the Ajalvir national headquarters,

Similarly, visits to the national headquarters of Ajalvir have been restricted and the four exhibitions that have been open to the public and HEIs in the area that have been interested in visiting them have been closed until further notice.

During the duration of this health crisis, the activity of the church will be through the Internet."

Just wondered if this could just be the subtle start of being web based religion soon, or a trial to see what donations come in from these areas; giving them an idea od what to expect if they do go internet based alone

What do you think?

Zing

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Wow thats a Good news.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Goes to show how great minds think alike. The exact same thing crossed my mind this morning. Perhaps they will spin it as the last days been so critical ,and for safety concerns, that its better if it’s services are held on line.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I doubt I will be going to the memorial this year! (One way or another—either struck by coronavirus, or else attempting to avoid it)

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Are they still encouraged to go D2d in those areas also ? or are they postponing field service as well ?

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Here's a letter from walkill about it!

https://fil.email/FzTaL2MW

Zing

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It does no good to close a building if they are going to be spreading coronavirus door to door (along with a worthless message).

• HB
    HB
    Are they still encouraged to go D2d in those areas also ? or are they postponing field service as well ?
    It does no good to close a building if they are going to be spreading coronavirus door to door (along with a worthless message).

I live in the UK a couple of miles from Haslemere, Surrey, where the first person who had not travelled to an infected country was diagnosed with the virus. The Haslemere JW congregation is continuing to go out in service.

Yesterday morning two JWs knocked at my door and spoke to my son, who told them his mum would be interested to talk to them but wasn't currently available, so they said they would come back another time.

They left a 2019 Awake magazine (16 pages) which has a picture on the front with a couple wearing face masks.

I am looking forward to the return visit to have a chat about some of the issues in the magazine, and providing that they are not demonstrably coughing or looking ill, I will not be worried about inviting the JWs in. Most local people are taking sensible precautions like washing hands etc, but we are getting on with our lives.

Two of the four "Have you wondered?" questions on the back page of the Awake are as follows:

"If God cares about us, why has he allowed evil and suffering to go on for so long?"

"How can we be sure that we are living in the last days of the present world?"

These might be a good starting point for a discussion.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The news here in California is that most circuit assemblies are now cancelled until further notice. Hopefully the Regional Conventions will be canceled also and even the Memorial. Good times!

just saying!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'd have thought they'd keep the Halls open...

...in the private hope that a few loyal Dubs would catch the virus...

...and "suffer for righteousness' sake".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit