Emotional Rant

by MrMoe 14 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

moe--- I'm glad I had a useful suggestion and could help . I don't think your post to be trivial but a matter of people showing genuine interest and self sacrifice to help others . If more people would pull their head out of their ass and realize that they might could help others in trouble this would be a better country .

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

Moe, I feel ya hun. The feeling of impotence can be overwhelming. This is a messed up world, and it's hard to be just one person. I grew up being homeless with my family from age six to age twelve, and then at various times after my mom died and my dad left me, 15,16, and 21 years old. During those times, I just wanted someone to be nice to me, not give me money (it's easy to get used to going without), but just to talk to me like a Human being. People can be very cruel. When I got on my feet, and was living in Seattle, I used to go down to the waterfront, where they have a large population of homeless people, and just talk to everyone. You wouldn't believe the difference it makes to someone who has lost everything, including self-esteem and the will to live. When I had money, I'd buy a ton of $.99 hamburgers, and just go hand them out and talk, or invite everyone to the park nearby, and have kind of a "party". You couldn't imagine how many times I had someone break down and just hug me and cry, because it felt so good to be doing something "normal", and feeling like a human being again. My point is, it's the little things that count, don't try to take on the whole world, just do what you can, when you can.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Well Amanda, I feel like that most everyday, but here's something you can do right now, that's real and may help in maybe a small way.

Look Here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/59648/1.ashx

• freein89
    freein89

It is a horrible world that some of our fellow human beings live in. I think about it often, especially if I have to go to a dinner party where all the shallow women discuss how hard it is to find towels to match the decor in their bathrooms. My husband has friends that he has known since childhood and at their parties that is the sort of deep conversations I must endure. I mentor two girls for Kinship and when this vapid, airheaded group found out, they just looked at me in stunned disbelief. One of them said, "what do you do that for?"

These are all 50 something people with kids in private college and master bathrooms you could house a family of four in and they are so freaking clueless. To put it mildly they all live very comfortable lives and not a one of them does anything to help make this world a better place. I don't have money but I have time and I use it and I so glad to be in the company of you that have some scruples and really care. You are a breath of fresh air.

Deb

• shera
    shera

I think of this often,all the money in the world,there is no need of anyone being hungry or homeless.

((((Moe))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit