Do You Think Birds Live in Denial?

by Happythoughts 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

I'm as free as a bird now,

And like a bird I cannot stay ...

Who sang that one? Neil Young?

Animals other than human don't deny their existence unless they are driven to insanity by inhuman experiments.

• Panda
    Panda

I'm as free as a bird now,

And like a bird I cannot stay ...

Who sang that one? Neil Young?

Animals other than human don't deny their existence unless they are driven to insanity by inhuman experiments.

• Paradise Found
    Paradise Found

Panda

To your quedtion it was Lynyrd Skynyrd "Freebird"

• blondie
    blondie

JamesThomas echoed what I was thinking: Birds live in the here and now, the present.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today is a gift. That's why it's called 'the present'. (Loretta LaRoche)

• Robdar
    Robdar

When I was lying out by the pool a couple of summers ago, I noticed the birds watching me watching them while they sat on the wires. They were thinking "yep, ya damn biped, I may be smaller than you but I would peck your eyes and eat your liver if I found you dead in a field."

Nope, birds are not in denial. They just fly away because they are bored and there is nothing around worth eating....

R

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

This thread is for the birds !

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Geez...too bad it's so late, I finally got my webcam to work, and I could have shown you two very cute birdies.

I can tell you this: birds have incredible long-term memories.

THEY REMEMBER EVERYTHING!

Sad thing about these two little darlings: both are rescued. So the parakeet (Baby) was retrieved from the Toronto Humane Society. She was very skittish and frightened when I first got her in March 2003. Now she's a happy little bird, who will perch on my finger, or if she's quick....races up my arm and onto my shoulder, pulling on any loose threads. Very naughty little girl.

The cockatiel: was in a horrid pet store. A young woman had heard about a cockatiel that had no feet. She raced over to rescue this little bird, kept in a shoebox. Anyways, she rescued the bird (Nim) and later had to move, thus I was contacted about a 'footless cockatiel'. Yes, the pet store owners placed the young cockatiel in a cage with larger birds, whom felt threatened by her presence, and attacked her: biting off her feet. She's fine now, and she walks about on her two stumps, and can perch, albeit while using her beak to balance herself, but she's adorable and has spent many afternoons sitting my lap, while I type on my computer. She loves whatever it is I am eating.

Birds have long memories. Smart as hell, and are as clever as all get out.

I think these two little darlings are happier. It's a cat-free, quiet place, warm and cozy.

All they got is big ol' Rayzorblade to spoil them rotten.

No denial there.

• Happythoughts
    Happythoughts
    All they got is big ol' Rayzorblade to spoil them rotten.

What ever happened to a dog being a mans best friend?? I wonder who has a better memory, an elephant or a bird.....

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

No, birds live in the trees, crocodiles live in de-nile!!

• Valis
    Valis

anthropomorphisms are backwards metaphors in disguise..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit