I informed my family that the reason I will not be attending the memorial is because I believe Jesus is my mediator..

by joe134cd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Anyway I got kind of cornered this morning about why I wouldn’t be attending the memorial. I said I’m sorry I just can’t go because I believe that Jesus is my mediator. I guess you can imagine the conversation that ensued. I was then informed that the reason that Jesus isn’t my mediator ( even though I clearly stated that he was) is because I now believe in the trinity and the teaching of demons. I give up.

I think they would be quite shocked to find out what Wt official teaching is on the matter. Anyway i live for another day. Lol

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Congratulations for taking a stand for the Lord Joe.

• stillin
    stillin

So, will you be partaking anywhere?

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Yes, Lord Joe, you have done well. I remember when I found out this was the official WT teaching, I was angered.

(Governing Body Teaching) Jesus is not a mediator for "all mankind" I don't care what the scriptures say; just me, and I am given eternal life in a twinkling of the eye because I am one of the anointed Governing Body.

You keep on towing the line though, you see, even if you make it into the new system, you will be judged by me, one of the 144,000, and you will be tested again at the end of 1000 years, and "many will fall away", so, you probably won't make it. At this point in time, even if you pass the final test, you will not be considered a "son of God".

So, listen you little illegitimate bastard, you better shut up and do what we say and provide a cushy living for us while we are alive on earth, because of how we "mis-conned/screwed" and changed a comma, "if you do it to the least of these my brothers, you are doing it to me", because we are judging you for a 1000 years prior to your final test, and remember we can drop you dead in a minute if we think you are stepping out of line.

Get used to it "sucker"! You are my Bitch.

• Biahi
    Biahi

I told my mom if I go I will partake and she wirhsrew the question.

• blondie
    blondie

I remember pointing out the current official stance of the WTS to my jw aunt (in for 40 years at the time) that Jesus was only the mediator for the 144,000. Of course, she said that was wrong. I was prepared with the quotes that I had copied from her own bound volumes. Nothing to say after that.

• HappyBlessedFree
    HappyBlessedFree

It’s my first memorial that I won’t be attending too Joe. Great job in taking a stand it is not easy. But we are on the cramped and narrow path leading to the real everlasting life!

My husband asked me this morning and I said “No”. We had a dozen conversations about everything from child abuse to false prophecies, but good ole cognitive dissonance has a hold on him for now. Let’s not give up on them. You never know when the information will break through and make a difference.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

It takes guts to stand up for Christ. I applaud you my fellow brother.

I told my spouse (who no longer attends) that I would never step foot in another kingdom hall. So if the Memorial was being held in another location I would accompany her but would not touch the emblems.

I told her I would never again reject Christ symbolically. Naturally, I will honor my Savior at home in private and eat and drink as He said we all should.

Just hate to sit through the gibberish crap that will be coming from the speaker's pie hole. Not to mention all the false smiles and feigned happiness.

Let's just say those are 30 minutes I'll never get back.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Most of the JWS doctrines are not bible supported or they are misinterpretations.

The JWS memorial is just a misinterpretation of the 144,000 anointed ones.

By Scripture all dedicated followers of Jesus Christ who are baptized in his name are to partake.

Its just another screw up by the leaders of the WTS , there are many to be sure.
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine

I believe I read somewhere that the GB currently teach that Jesus is the mediator for them and only them, and that jws only have the chance of surviving armageddon due to their association with the GB.

Is this correct? If not, would someone please clarify? I'm not a jw but am married to a POMI who isn't familiar with any current teachings, yet still believes it's the truth. This bit of information might be useful in planting a few seeds of doubt at some point. Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit