No windows-really

by petespal2002 14 Replies latest jw friends

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Windowless structures are easier to build (since a lot of Kingdom Halls are built by JWs themselves), safer, and more energy efficient.

Having said that, another reason Kingdom Halls are windowless is probably for the same reason that Kingdom Halls have chairs rather than pews. They want to look like a place of worship, but at the same time distance themselves as far away from "Babylon the Great" as possible.

Stained glass is Satanic, dontchya know?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Stained glass Satanic???? Aaaaah! The Montreal assembly is possessed!!! ooooh, what a soothing picture must go back....go back...

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

Thanks for all the replies. I had read that JW's disallow windows, and if this was an allegation people really believed when I know it's not true, what else are some people making up?

• jwbot
    jwbot

It just depends on the area. In Maine, USA, all of the Kingdom Halls have windows. We would not invest in central air conditioning because it doesn't get hot here often, and since Maine is a cold dark place, windows are a good thing...but they are still small windows. When I visited Florida, there were no windows because I guess it let in too much sun light and they was cool buildings because of Floridas heat. Also they have central air. So I guess it is an area thing.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Kingdom Halls didnt have windows where I lived near brumm, thinking about it, I seldom saw a KH with Windows here in England so Its not just a US thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit